March 28, 2024, 02:05:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: loading new preset bank??  (Read 2370 times)

nazgul123

• Apprentice
loading new preset bank??
« on: November 15, 2021, 08:23:17 pm »
i downloaded a preset bank from arturia, called analog generation,
how do i load it up in connect to send it to the polybrute ?
thx

ok, found a youtube vid about it
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:48:55 pm by nazgul123 »

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: loading new preset bank??
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 09:59:04 pm »
The process is a bit confusing. For the benefit of others: the sound banks download as installable executables. Once you have installed them, you have to open the Arturia Software Center to authorize the license. Then they will show up as a bank in PB Connect, and you can transfer them to the instrument or just access them through Connect.

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 10:12:08 pm »
hi, installed and opened arturia software center and waited for sycing. but the new soundbanks doesnt show up in the software center??? any help?

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 10:18:37 pm »
If you opened ASC, then the license sync is done. They will show up in Connect.

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 10:23:20 pm »
ok, then something went wrong cause nothing shows up in connect from the new banks, on the right side in the explorer just the factory presets show up and on the left side there is just the factory bank :-(
guess its a problem with the drive letters maybe? cause when i install my old hdd c:\ starts to work for a short time even its not my boot drive
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:54:32 pm by nazgul123 »

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 11:00:09 pm »
OK , found out its the drive letters 😫😫🤦‍♀️ omg
there are folders in the arturia folder under presets on my c:\ drive that is not in use all the time, main drive is g:\

maybe someone can tell me how to solve this, and no, i will not unplug my drive cause of this false programming

thx anyway

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 08:39:09 am »
On the Mac you can put 'aliases' in the location where an app thinks files should be, the aliases point to the location where the files really are really stored. The result is the app is oblivious to the fact the files aren't really where it thinks they are. I'm not sure if Windows has an equivalent (shortcuts?).
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

larioso

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 03:36:50 pm »
On the Mac you can put 'aliases' in the location where an app thinks files should be, the aliases point to the location where the files really are really stored. The result is the app is oblivious to the fact the files aren't really where it thinks they are. I'm not sure if Windows has an equivalent (shortcuts?).

It's called symbolic links in Windows and MKLINK command do that for a folder or file.
Can be on any drive in system or network.
It's all transparent to software.
You might use MKLINK , from a command prompt ran as administrator to access anywhere.

I used it to make samples be stored on a drive with more space, for a sampler that had no reference setting for the samples folder.

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 06:04:19 am »
Solved: copied it over to drive g:\ but i had to keep the Software center open while starting Connect app the first time, after this it worked. nice presets btw.
thanks

Harri Raisa

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 09:05:27 am »
I have Mac and I can't see new banks after installing them. First 5 where ok, but another day and after that nothing shows in Connect. I try to find where it installs thode banks but can't find it. Arturia account shows that they are registered. I'm using Mojave and Mac is 5.1 6-core 48 Gb ram ect..

Harri

Harri Raisa

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 08:32:37 am »
Today lost banks just did show up in Connect after booting Polybrute first and 2sec later Connecr :o Wierd  ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines