March 29, 2024, 12:28:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knob values on display and mark the stored preset value - my #1 wish for fw upd  (Read 966 times)

larioso

As I understand the editor has more of this, but that ruins the idea of hardware with knob per function pretty much firing up a computer too. I could just as well buy VST synths.

Both Prologue and DeepMind has a great handling of this.
Take 5 lit a dot in display when at stored value, that is also good help.
Some other Korg you press a button and touch a knob and stored value is shown, but locked to that value so you don't ruin the setting.
Polybrute has this a lot too, with options chosen for many things.

You can go back to intermediate saves easily and set some thing up that you want to alter from stored values.
If possible would be a great contribution.
Haven't used the Polybrute connect yet, but if this is done there maybe it could be done to local display too.

When you load a preset and then alter anything you get an asterisk '*' in display.
But then alter value back to what is was, asterisk is not removed showing you are now on stored values everywhere.
Even a slight sense that a value is back to stored and removing asterisk could be helpful.
Then you could do one knob at a time to get it where preset is.

Polybrute is endless fun to explore either way. But fun factor is raised magnitudes if having this feature too.
Polybrute is second to none regarding visual aspect of modulations.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
If you hold the Presets button and turn a knob, it will show you the stored value. But I agree it could be nice to have a small indicator show on the display by default. Arturia themselves do this on the Microfreak.

larioso

WOW, thanks for the tip. This is perfectly enough for me.

Shows current position against the stored value graphically., both A and B side.

How did you learn, good post on tips and tricks, or?
I did not find in manual.

Or in other Arturia synth also, just trying?

More hidden gems to be found probably.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Glad it helped! Somewhere on this forum, in a very early post, someone posted a list of all the shortcuts on the PolyBrute. I'm sure you'll find it if you poke around. The manual could definitely use some clarifying revisions in a number of areas.

arthur_antoine

• Apprentice
+ 1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines