March 29, 2024, 10:41:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: So I re-enter my request for a CC7 now that firmware 4 has poped without this  (Read 1186 times)

csurieux

Such a long awaited feature.
CC7 or any CC to control output volume and avoid that freak keeps barkling when its friend are singing cool.
Thanks

vinark

• Apprentice
My guess is that the output is directly connected to the filter out, which is analog. There is no digital control possible after the filter then. If you change volume before the filter digitally it will also change the sound character and there would be complaints about that. Just my guess...

csurieux

It could explain why never implemented, but it would be fair from Arturia to confirm it can't be done due to this situation.

vinark

• Apprentice
Agreed, 100%

grrrzzzt

• Apprentice
My guess is that the output is directly connected to the filter out, which is analog. There is no digital control possible after the filter then. If you change volume before the filter digitally it will also change the sound character and there would be complaints about that. Just my guess...
Yes; if it was possible to control; it would already be part of the CC; recalled with patches; and controllable from the mod matrix. It's a design choice. Although the fact it's analog doesn't mean it couldn't be digitally controlled like the filter. I just think it would be confusing if it was altered by something else; it's an output volume; the knob needs to reflex exactly the volume.
Also I'm not sure why this feature would be crucial to some people; just assign a CC to your mixer in your DAW. this must be a super specific use case.

csurieux

this must be a super specific use case.
Not so, just guitar player using midi and controlling its korg, waldorf, elektron with a set of expression pedals acting on main control CCs...but for MF no way...but some sounds+vocoder interestings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines