March 28, 2024, 07:21:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Failed firmware update.  (Read 2800 times)

pktwd

Failed firmware update.
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:32:57 pm »
Hello, I attempted to update my MF to the new v. 4 firmware, but it failed stating "failed to burn" or something like that. In hindsight, I should have written down the message but was panicking.

Now when I power on my MF, I get the loading screen for a sec, then it goes blank with the utility light on. In the midi control center, it does detect that the MF is connected, but in the section where you add/remove patches it doesn't show the device as connected. Anyone know of a way to reset?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Failed firmware update.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 08:32:43 pm »
If the update failed, the uF should normally boot into bootloader mode when switched on. Then you can just do the upgrade again if it's connected to the MIDI Control Center.

luu74

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 12:28:50 am »
 :-[ I have same issue but if switch off start still in upgrade bootmode ,,if follow the trick of remove the microfreak firmware updater in device and p, still when i reboot and try to upgrade again always stop at 60 % upgrading and don't go over that ,, restart doing same thing always stuck at same percental of updating
what I can do next , arturia beastep made a similar problem ,,,, tested with 3 different computers and different cables too , not hub

nasce

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 01:41:15 pm »
I'm also getting firmware stuck at 60%. I've reported a ticket to Arturia Support. Any tips in the meantime? If I hear anything I'll report back!

nasce

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 02:15:32 pm »
Just figured out the issue with 60%.... I've been testing out the Nanobod Mod case, so had disconnected the MicroFreak's keyboard...
When I ran the updater from the Terminal, I noticed that the Firmware update failed at the keyboard step... (nanowave_iochip_kbd)

... Downloading image (/var/folders/sb/t5n_t5fj58dfwn00hmgycj3h0000gn/T/e58d-067b-805d-6329/nanowave_iochip_kbd__fw1_0_0_1162__2021_10_15.bin) to device

When I reconnected the Keyboard and ran the update, all was well!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines