March 28, 2024, 07:41:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V8 lost single MIDI Mappings when switching presets  (Read 1432 times)

polypoly

• Apprentice
V8 lost single MIDI Mappings when switching presets
« on: October 24, 2021, 10:17:33 pm »
I mapped today my Minilogue Knobs to the Jun-6. Works nicley, but when i switching Presets single Mappings dissapear, e.g. the Mapping for controlling LFO-Time. Even when i saved the Mapping Preset und reload it its gone. Is this a know issue?!

LBH

Re: V8 lost single MIDI Mappings when switching presets
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 11:49:00 pm »
Hi,

As it is, then preferences settings and some other data is only saved to file when you close and remove the plugin from a track in a host first. (it's similar for the standalone version.)
The settings that's currently saved in the preferences files are the settings a new loaded instance should have.

Unfortunately a saved midi config also require the above procedures to make the config availble in a new instance.

I think it should be possible to have at least saved configs availble in new instances without having to close an application first. But that's not possible now.

Adrien_Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:41:30 am »
Hi, have you tried with our latest update? It seems to work as expected on my side since the VC8.2 update, in standalone and in a DAW (Ableton).

The Jun-6 version is 1.1.1 b1552.

Let me know if the issue is still there,

Thanks

Adrien

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 05:31:00 pm »
Hi, have you tried with our latest update? It seems to work as expected on my side since the VC8.2 update, in standalone and in a DAW (Ableton).

The Jun-6 version is 1.1.1 b1552.

Let me know if the issue is still there,

Thanks

Adrien
Hi,

First - I'm not sure i understood the OP correct. But i found it was about Midi config (presets) because the OP saved mapping presets. Midi config mappings can't be saved pr (sound) preset. I was unsure about what was meant Midi configs does'nt change when changing (sound) presets and thus a current midi config should not be lost just by changing (sound) presets.
I found it pointed towards a midi config problem.

However -

The newest Juno-6 V is version 1.2.0.1783.
(But keep in mind, that it's the same for all other Arturia applications.)
What do you find is exspected behavior?

Try this in a DAW:
1. Load an instance of an application. It load with a midi config setting.
2. Select another midi config.
3. Load another instance. It load with the same midi config as the first instance, and not with the midi config you selected in step 2.
But if you remove the first instance - and perhaps the track too - before you load the next instance, then it will load with the last set midi config.

And try this in a DAW:
1. Load an instance of an application. It load with a midi config setting.
2. Make a new midi config.
3. Save the current midi config.
4. Load another instance. It load with the same midi config as the first instance, and not with the midi config you selected and saved in step 2 and 3.
Also the saved midi config will not be availble in the new loaded instance.
But if you remove the first instance - and perhaps the track too - before you load the next instance, then it will load with the last set midi config, and the saved midi config will also be availble.
I would say it should be exspected behavior, that at least a saved midi config should be availble for the next loaded instance/s without having to remove/ delete other instances from the DAW song/project first. Don't you? I think it's about how the midi configs saving is done.

I have tested in Studio One 3 Pro and in Standalone mode. Also in standalone mode it's like described above for the DAW.
I've used VST2 plugins to test in the DAW.

Best
LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines