March 28, 2024, 12:47:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Led of the Save Button apparently not working  (Read 4144 times)

fede bts

• Apprentice
Led of the Save Button apparently not working
« on: October 02, 2021, 02:36:03 pm »
Hi all! Last week I noticed that the led on my "save" button apparently ceased to work. It rapidly flashes whenever I turn the MxB on; then, it stays unlit for the rest of the time. Honestly, I don't remember what the normal behaviour should be, since - in the past months - I have used my MxB for simple operations, such as playing my previously saved patches, without tweaking parameters that much. Watching online tutorials it seems that the led is supposed to stay on the whole time; still, in other recent videos (such as for the Matrixbrute Mondays), the led seems to be unlit. I wonder whether this is a behaviour that changed across different firmware revisions, or if my button is damaged and the led needs to be replaced. So, what is the right behaviour meant to be? And, is this something that - in your opinion - it is possible to fix/change tweaking the settings? Has anyone had a led failure and needed to replace the part? Other than that, the button works flawlessly. Still, it is something that worried me a bit ??? 

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Re: Led of the Save Button apparently not working
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 08:20:38 pm »
On my unit, the Save button light is not lit either...
I don't remember if and when its behaviour  changed, but I think it should light up when pressing it (along with a destination slot in the matrix) for actually saving a patch)...which it doesn't now!
Doctor Justice, what do you think?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:44:35 pm by aWc »

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 09:29:04 pm »
On my unit, the Save button light is not lit either...
I don't remember if and when its behaviour  changed, but I think it should light up when pressing it (along with a destination slot in the matrix) for actually saving a patch)...which it doesn't now!
Doctor Justice, what do you think?

It seems like we found a bug  :o

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 06:19:53 pm »
The Save button is not lit if the Memory Protection switch on the back of the MxB is set to On. Otherwise it should be constantly lit.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 09:56:51 pm »
The Save button is not lit if the Memory Protection switch on the back of the MxB is set to On. Otherwise it should be constantly lit.

It's a pity this thread isn't getting many views. I initially thought the led was broken, yet it flashes whenever I turn the matrixbrute on. Many videos on YouTube feature the led being unlit the whole time; it could be due to the write protection being on, but it seems unlikely to me. In my unit the write protection is off, and I have no problems with saving my patches as expected. Yet, the save button stays unlit for the whole time. It seems Awc is having the same problem. Tomorrow, I'll open a ticket, hoping someone at Arturia can clarify this situation.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 10:23:59 pm »
Memory switch on my MB is "OFF"...

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 01:55:36 am »
Tested again. Turns out that if you switch the the Memory protect switch from On to Off, the the Save light comes on - that caught me out. This might indeed be a bug. It also flashes once at power up, as noted by fede bts.

If nothing else, it seems to be a universal phenomenon, so nothing wrong with your units. How did we not notice before :-o Can't quite be bothered to roll back to older firmware to check how it was in previous versions.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 02:31:20 am by DrJustice »

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 06:45:55 pm »
I have just tried, and my MxB behaves as follows:

1) Write Protection OFF - I turn the unit on and the save button rapidly flashes once, then it stays unlit.
2) If I turn the write protection ON and the OFF again, the save button turns on and stays lit.
3) If I reboot my unit I have to repeat the same procedure. 

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 07:49:13 pm »
OK, so the same for all of us. I've reported it. Please do the same for increased chances of a fix.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 06:18:36 pm »
Even more annoying: after the MB has gone to sleep, when it wakes up the Save LED is off again. One has to repeat the "memory protect" switching off/on/off to light it up!

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 07:17:46 pm »
Hi guys,

just received my Noir edition 2 days ago and memory protect was off and the save led was off too. Saw on YT that some have their save lit, tonite just toggle the memory off/on button and then save was lit. When i reboot, the save is still lit, no problem. On the noir edition panel and save button are now written as per their function, i think on the first matrixbrute, it was only a bar like on the other button.

But i'm here for something else, it seems that the patterns button should lit too (it has this small translucid bar on it), but can not get this to lit. anyone? i thought it should lit after a double press or something else to stay in patterns browsing mode (not such a function yet).

Thanx

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 06:04:10 pm »
It's never lit AFAIK. It's only for chording with a button in the matrix - since it doesn't have a state that can be toggled, the LED is unused.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 08:24:32 pm »
Thanx. They should have used the same button that seq length then. I know it's a minor thing ;-) Amazing synth!!!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 08:49:59 pm »
Yeah, still just as cool as when I bought it more than 4 years ago ;D

I submitted a suggestion for letting the Patterns button be able to be toggled On/Off when the matrix is in Sequencer mode, so that when it's lit you can make a one handed selection from the patterns.

Processaurus

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2021, 08:46:45 am »
Yeah, still just as cool as when I bought it more than 4 years ago ;D

I submitted a suggestion for letting the Patterns button be able to be toggled On/Off when the matrix is in Sequencer mode, so that when it's lit you can make a one handed selection from the patterns.

+1! Without a song mode, you need to be able to switch sequences with one hand, so you can synth with the other.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines