March 28, 2024, 07:00:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC can't connect to Arturia servers  (Read 10732 times)

MoodyB

• Apprentice
Re: ASC can't connect to Arturia servers
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 11:12:42 pm »
Is anyone still having issues with ASC?

I constantly get ' Failed to sign in. Please retry '

It hasn't worked since the end of December, even though I can log into my account on Arturias' website.

I also tried using offline activation on Sunday night to activate a copy of VC 5 & I still haven't received any response.

LBH

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2022, 11:35:01 pm »
Is anyone still having issues with ASC?

I constantly get ' Failed to sign in. Please retry '

It hasn't worked since the end of December, even though I can log into my account on Arturias' website.

I also tried using offline activation on Sunday night to activate a copy of VC 5 & I still haven't received any response.
Hi,

Have you tried to do the simple thing and reinstall ASC?

MoodyB

• Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2022, 10:46:04 pm »
Yes I have. With no joy.

Also uninstalled & reinstalled it too, just in case.

Asked Arturia support what the process was for a 'clean install', and I was told that they were having server problems & it would be fixed shortly.

That was on the 28th of December.

LBH

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 12:11:15 am »
It's possible the server was down. But afaik it never have taking more than untill the next workday at max to have it running again. The server is up.

If you have'nt tried to uninstall and reinstal ASC again, then i would try that. Just do it like you do with any other programs. Something like this:
https://arturiahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741261714-How-to-properly-uninstall-an-Arturia-software

Also be sure you use the correct login.

If this does'nt work, then i suggest you contact Arturia support again, and give them informations to know it's not about the server is down.

MoodyB

• Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 01:30:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I did uninstall ASC again, restarted my pc and reinstalled it again but it made no difference.

Still the same problem, although ASC had my email already filled out on the fresh install, so it must be saved in the registry somewhere.

So I have contacted Arturia support again.

If they fix it I'll update this thread with what was causing the problem ( assuming it isn't a stupid error on my part )

MoodyB

• Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 11:09:02 pm »
Found out the problem, as as expected it was user error on my part.

When I reset my password, I used some special characters in it.

Turns out that ASC doesn't like that, even though it works fine on their website.

So I reset my password again to one that doesn't contain any special characters & it's working now.

So a mistake on my part, but also an error on Arturias' part as ASC should accept the same password that their own website does.

Some people, like myslef, use special characters to add another level of security.

Not supporting this in ASC is a bit behind-the-times.

LBH

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 12:23:11 am »
Found out the problem, as as expected it was user error on my part.

When I reset my password, I used some special characters in it.

Turns out that ASC doesn't like that, even though it works fine on their website.

So I reset my password again to one that doesn't contain any special characters & it's working now.

So a mistake on my part, but also an error on Arturias' part as ASC should accept the same password that their own website does.

Some people, like myslef, use special characters to add another level of security.

Not supporting this in ASC is a bit behind-the-times.
Thanks for telling.
I agree the same password should work both places.
I know Arturia have done something so speciel characters for computer names should not matter anymore. When it also does'nt matter on the website, then we can hope they are working on it to not matter for ASC too.

Great you found out and afterall are up running.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines