April 26, 2024, 06:08:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PolyBrute sending Realtime Midi Clock messages when synced to another device  (Read 1142 times)

jgale

• Apprentice
Hi,

When my PolyBrute is synced to another device, the PolyBrute sends out a stream of "Start" messages to its Midi-Out port when starting the Polybrute sequence.  This causes a Midi Clock timing loop in my setup and the PolyBrute and other synced devices go "crazy".  If I disconnect the PolyBrute Midi-Out cable - everything plays fine.

I've tried disabling the Midi-Out ports of the PolyBrute in the Settings with no success.

In my mind - the PolyBrute should only send the notes played by the keyboard and the arpeggiator output to the Midi-Out ports when synced (unless the PolyBrute is the master, it would then also send the Midi Clock commands).

I am using the Midi Din ports.

Can anyone confirm this issue for me?

John
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:25:52 pm by jgale »

larioso

Yes, I tested in StudioOne which has a midi monitor that also show realtime messages.

Seems that PB equalize sequencer start with pushing button on panel for playback.

PB needs a setting like sequencers have how to manage this.
Tested turning off midi channel for both upper and lower keyboard and no difference.
Strangely enough sequencer send on midi channel set for lower keyboard, but if turning off it starts sending on midi channel 1 either case.

StudioOne send clock only while transport is running.
So tested in Sonar too, which send midi clock all the time and only start/stop as transport is starting or stopping.

If using daw as sequencer I have iConnectivity Mio2 which has internal filter config to filter out realtime message or anything you like on any port.

jgale

• Apprentice
Thanks for the response - that is what I was afraid of. I will report this to Arturia as a bug and /or feature request.

For now I have the Motu XT midi patch bay which allows me to filter this out - just a little more work when I switch things around...

John 

larskroszewsky

• Apprentice
Hi!

Has there been a solution yet?

I'm stumbling over similar problems. (Polybrute and Blackbox as Sequencer, either as Master or Slave, Polybrute as VST with Ableton, and further Set Up Options)

Since I'm not sure, whether this comes from the same source of problems:
When using PBC as VST, starting a sequence in Ableton causes the Polybrute to play the sequence, but changing the Preset immediately.

jgale

• Apprentice
Hi!

Has there been a solution yet?

I'm stumbling over similar problems. (Polybrute and Blackbox as Sequencer, either as Master or Slave, Polybrute as VST with Ableton, and further Set Up Options)

Since I'm not sure, whether this comes from the same source of problems:
When using PBC as VST, starting a sequence in Ableton causes the Polybrute to play the sequence, but changing the Preset immediately.

I just sent the request to Arturia yesterday - so not yet!

I'm not sure this is your issue though - is it possible you have an automatic program change being sent by Ableton to the PolyBrute?

jgale

• Apprentice
Arturia just got back to me and told me that they added my email case to the already open request for this feature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines