March 28, 2024, 10:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VCO 2 is mute on every 6th key hit  (Read 1426 times)

jazzdog

• Apprentice
VCO 2 is mute on every 6th key hit
« on: September 30, 2021, 07:47:22 am »
Hello everybody,

so i received my Polybrute yesterday but my excitement didnt last very long sadly. I did not notice at first when i played around with presets but when i wanted to create a new patch from scratch, starting at a empty Init setting, it became very apparent. VCO 2 including the Sub drop basically dead on every 6th key hit. I can hear it very faintly in the back including a low humming sound. So... im no expert but i assume one of the six voices of OSC 2 is dead right? Tuning didnt change anything. This really is the worstcase scenario. are there any other possibilities i do not see?

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: VCO 2 is mute on every 6th key hit
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 12:12:02 am »
It's a faulty voice, mine did the same, the Square wave of voice 2 on VCO 2 went dead. You can check by trying each wave form on each VCO one at a time by turning down the others to isolate each wave and on each VCO and you will see which one is causing the problem.
The only fix is for it to go back the Artuira as the distributors can fix it. Mine been at Artuira HQ for about 4 weeks and they have said they will be send out a replacment machine, I just don't know when though :-(
Raise a ticket with Arturia and make a video showing the problem and tell them, that way you have proof of the issue, they know there is a problem with some units, mines one of them.

sander37

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
I just had the same problem: (I've received my Polybrute yesterday)

On one of the voices vco-2 did not produce any sound.
On the next voice the Noise generator was not working.

All my calibration's failed in a time-out, both for VCO and Filter

After a few power-cycles VCO-2 is working again on all voices.

The Noise generator is working on all voices, but there is one voice the Noise is only audible through the Steiner-Filter and not through the Ladder filter.

I suspect it is a firmware related problem.

===
Now it's the next day:

After some Failed Calibrations and a single Completed Calibration yesterday, all off my voices are working 100% again, vco-2 and noise-gen are audible in all possible routings.

The Polybrute has been powered off all night and is now on for 1,5 hour, so maybe it's not fully warmed up.
Just after I powerd it up this morning, VCO-2 was not audible on one of the voices, and the Steiner resonance was to intense on 2 voices. It seemed to have lost the calibration of yesterday, where the Steiner resonance and cutoff were equal on all voices.

After a restore calibration all is working, only with a slight deviation of Steiner cutoff frequency in one voice.

May assumption is that the calibration procedure needs some improvements.

ps, The PB is the best synth I've ever had, the sound is incredible, the user interface is very good and so simple for the complexity of the synth.
I'm just 2 days into this discovery and it's inspiring, to say the least.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:37:19 pm by sander37 »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 02:16:16 pm »
It has indeed happened that some repeated calibration has got all voices in line. Perhaps cold and/or humid innards after shipping can have an effect(?) There is an additional "debug" calibration function that can be tried if there are calibration issues - don't know if it really does something very different though.

Did you get the cold-calibration prompt? Something like "PolyBrute is cold - calibrate ... ?". This is a separate procedure to catch the coldest states, and you'll usually only see it once or twice until the PB doesn't detect a lower temperature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines