April 25, 2024, 01:59:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Analog Lab V - Unable to MIDI map Behringer X-Touch Mini encoders 1 & 2  (Read 1839 times)

Raikro Scorp

• Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I have purchased a Behringer X-Touch Mini Generic MIDI Controller to use it with Analog Lab V. This controller has 8 endless rotatory encoders that also work as buttons, and it also has a Master Fader, similar to the control interface in Analog Lab V

I have been able to properly MIDI map encoders 3 to 8 and the Master Fader to the respective knobs in the Analog Lab V control interface, but for some reason encoder 1 seems to be linked to the Modulation Wheel in the interface and encoder 2 seems to be linked to some "ghost" parameter I haven't been able to find which.

I mean, when I move encoder 1 it moves the Modulation Wheel in the interface and affects the sound as a Modulation Wheel should do, and when I move encoder 2 it doesn't seem to control anything at all, al least in a visible way.

Booth encoders 1 and 2 seem to not to be detected by the MIDI map tool, so I can't re-assign them.

I have tested it with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol software and have been able to map all 8 encoders without any problem, including encoders 1 & 2, so it is not a hardware malfunction.

I have tried to change the MIDI channel in Behringer's own Editor software for the X-Touch Mini, but Analog Labs continues to hard-link the encoder 1 to the Modulation Wheel and the encoder 2 to "something".

If you can give me any thought or advice it will be truly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings from Barcelona,
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:20:06 am by Adrien_Arturia »

Raikro Scorp

• Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab V - Unable to MIDI map Behringer X-Touch Mini encoders 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:36:07 am »
Hi everyone,

I have found a solution!

It seems that there are some reserved MIDI CC numbers apart than the ones listed in the Analog Lab V user manual.

After a little bit of research I have found the following list of reserved MIDI CC numbers:

https://studiocode.dev/resources/midi-cc/

As a little abridgment, the ones that are safe to use are:

CC 3
CC 9
CC 14 to 15
CC 22 to 31
CC 85 to 90
CC 102 to 119

I hope this would be helpful for someone else someday.

Have a nice day!

;)

ciredwen

Re: Analog Lab V - Unable to MIDI map Behringer X-Touch Mini encoders 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 05:24:22 am »
Hi everyone,

As a little abridgment, the ones that are safe to use are:

CC 3
CC 9
CC 14 to 15
CC 22 to 31
CC 85 to 90
CC 102 to 119geometry dash

I hope this would be helpful for someone else someday.

thank you. But can you explain to me more about this statement?

JDoo

• Beta-testers
What he is sharing (and thank you for this, Raikro Scorp!) - is that there are certain reserved MIDI CC numbers, that you won't be able to reliably map to on your controller as they are defaulted / reserved.  They are detailed in the link that @Raikro Scorp shared.  What he also shared though..  is the list of 'available and safe to use' CCs from that page.  He did the work, of filtering out the MIDI CCs you should not map your controller to soft synths with.  Huge time saver - so you don't go chasing, why your controller isnt working with a CC you had mapped.  I just went through this exersize, and it's a bitch to debug - if you dont avoid using these reserved CCs.  So. . . if you need to map a control to one of the Arturia soft synths..  try and keep it to the ones in the list he shared.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines