March 29, 2024, 02:43:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use 2 controllers (key lab 61) with Analog Lab V  (Read 1590 times)

Mr Phono

Use 2 controllers (key lab 61) with Analog Lab V
« on: September 29, 2021, 11:24:34 am »
I just bought the Keylab 61 Essential twice so I can play two different synths at once. I'm trying to open two instances of Analog Lab V in Ableton Live and have the first Keylab 61 control one instance of Analog Lab V and have the second key lab 61 run a second instance of Analog Lab V. I noticed that the map Analog Lab on the Keylab 61 only sends on Midi Channel 1. I can create a User map and assign it to Midi Channel two but then I can't scroll through the playlist with the controller.

LBH

Re: Use 2 controllers (key lab 61) with Analog Lab V
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 08:46:08 pm »
Hi,

Is it possible to set 2 identical controllers up as 2 seperate controllers in Live?
If so have you done so? Does the controllers show as seperate units in the MIDI FROM selector for a track?
If the controllers can be set up and be choosen as seperate controllers in the MIDI FROM selector, then i would believe both should be able to run on midi channel 1 - when selected for a track. But i don't know.
I would say that would be the best solution - if possible.

FYI: You have posted in a legacy Analog Lab forum. And i would also say this is a controller, DAW and controller map for Analog Lab issue.
I don't know if it has changed, so the map in Analog Lab mode for your controller work on other than midi channel 1. That you have to ask Arturia support. If not, and if you can't do the above, then you have to create a User map. Program change messages change the preset in a playlist. I think Bank messages midi CC0 change playlist. Have'nt checked lately.
You may find you get into other problems with midi messages. It's hard to tell. You'll have to try it out. The best and easiest would be, if you can do the above, so your controllers is seen as seperate controllers in your DAW. I would say it's something that should be possible in one way or another - but perhaps is'nt.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines