March 29, 2024, 12:02:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wah sound in On The Run  (Read 1330 times)

JonFairhurst

Wah sound in On The Run
« on: September 26, 2021, 01:43:32 am »
I’m creating a performance (using Gig Performer as a live host) of some Pink Floyd songs, including On The Run. The included preset in Synthi is great!

QUESTION: How to get the “wah” sound that comes in as the sequence progresses? It’s like an auto-wah on each note. I’ve read that Gilmore had an EMS pedal that had an auto wah, so maybe it was done externally. I’ve tried connecting the output of the envelope generator to the filter frequency, but no luck.

FEATURE REQUEST: Add a column for a scope to the matrix. (Didn’t the original Synthi have a meter?) That would allow users to see what the intermediate stages are doing, if anything. That would be an awesome design and troubleshooting tool.

LBH

Re: Wah sound in On The Run
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:49:15 pm »
Hi,

You can try this.

Remove the Pins for the Keyboard and Sequencer for OSC 3 Freq in the Matrix so OSC 3 run free from keys input.
I trust it's a fault it's not like that allready.
Now you can use the OSC 3 Triangle Level for LFO depth and OSC 3 Frequency for LFO speed.

The rest is about adjusting the Trapezoid, Filter OSC Frequency and Response together with the joystick during the sequence.
Perhaps you will like to reprogram the OSC 1, the joystick and/or other things.
In essence i think you mean the effect caused by OSC 3 used a LFO to modulate the Filter and the effect it give depending on other settings.

In generel it might help to study how a preset is programmed and also to experiment with the parameters to hear the impact.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines