April 19, 2024, 03:33:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute sending constant NRPNs  (Read 1918 times)

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Polybrute sending constant NRPNs
« on: September 20, 2021, 11:52:22 am »
If the polybrute is switched on, even on an init patch, its sending constant messages to Logic Pro, filling up each track with a ton of data, normally in groups of 4 like this :
        2  1  4      9    Control       1         99         48   Non-Reg. MSB
        2  1  4      9    Control       1         98          9   Non-Reg. LSB
        2  1  4      9    Control       1          6         63   Data MSB
        2  1  4      9    Control       1         38        127   Data LSB

Is there a way to disable this other than using Logic's Midi filter for CC messages ?

Thanks.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Polybrute sending constant NRPNs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 08:11:17 pm »
Just a guess, but in Logic, do you have the PolyBrute VST midi port enabled rather than the PolyBrute MIDI port?

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 08:30:32 pm »
Using the Polybrute Midi channel is fine.

If I use the Polybrute connect as an AU there's an absolute ton of sysex flying through on that particular track. If I then go to another instrument I'm just getting the group of 4 that I pasted in my original post, and if I remove the Polybrute Connect from the project it's all ok ...so that's a bit further forward than I was , so I guess the problem lies in the Connect AU.

Any ideas how to fix that, I can;t seem to see any option ?

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:33:22 pm by paullawler »

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 09:39:16 am »
Has nobody any more ideas for this ? nobody from Arturia ?

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 01:14:30 pm »
>>nobody from Arturia

Hahahahahaha. Sweet summer child.

They don't come here. As a long time Arturia customer that has an irrational love of their products, you are on your own until Arturia randomly publishes an update that creates about as many issues as it fixes. I am very saddened by the drop and forget approach they have applied to their flagship synth. It could be so good, but mine is buggy as hell. I have been waiting months expecting an update, but nothing. Your best bet is to raise a ticket - they actually respond to those. Often not in a way that helps, but they do respond.

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »
>>nobody from Arturia

Hahahahahaha. Sweet summer child.

They don't come here. As a long time Arturia customer that has an irrational love of their products, you are on your own until Arturia randomly publishes an update that creates about as many issues as it fixes. I am very saddened by the drop and forget approach they have applied to their flagship synth. It could be so good, but mine is buggy as hell. I have been waiting months expecting an update, but nothing. Your best bet is to raise a ticket - they actually respond to those. Often not in a way that helps, but they do respond.

Hah fair enough ....I'll raise a ticket but not my expectations !

timharrison

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 08:48:12 pm »
I think I've got the same issue.  Did you find a solution?  I'm in Ableton, and with the Connect VST my MIDI recordings get a ton of NRPNs.  They manage to somehow disable automation in Ableton.  Everything seems to work if delete all that MIDI data and leave the VST automation data.  But I'm looking to see if a proper solution exists...

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 09:03:52 pm »
I think I've got the same issue.  Did you find a solution?  I'm in Ableton, and with the Connect VST my MIDI recordings get a ton of NRPNs.  They manage to somehow disable automation in Ableton.  Everything seems to work if delete all that MIDI data and leave the VST automation data.  But I'm looking to see if a proper solution exists...

I did get a fix - it was pretty complex but they sent a step by step (with photos) guide how to switch it off in Logic. Raise a support ticket and they will sort you out.

timharrison

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 09:15:31 pm »
Thanks!  I'm on it.

Next can we get rid of this blasted captcha letter thing?  What on earth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines