April 16, 2024, 06:16:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB MIDI Issues  (Read 1508 times)

Failed Muso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Music Tech Journalist, Fairlight Fixer Upper
    • Failed Muso
USB MIDI Issues
« on: September 16, 2021, 12:55:06 pm »
Quite often, if I use the Polybrute as a MIDI controller, connected via USB to my Mac or directly to another device, the connected device only receives a note-on message when I release the key on the Polybrute, i.e. note-off.

Notes can often get stuck and most of the time, disconnecting the USB on the Polybrute and reconnecting it seems to "fix" it.

However, even then it isn't perfect and a bunch of notes don't get played on the connected instrument in a random fashion.

I've tried changing the MIDI settings on the Polybrute to USB only or MIDI only without any success. I even tried using wireless MIDI, both via USB and 5 pin and that didn't fix the issue, despite it working flawlessly on everything else I have.

I did a quick scan of the forums and saw a few mentions of odd MIDI behaviour but nothing like I am currently experiencing.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Adebratt

Re: USB MIDI Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 10:03:35 am »
Hi, I have the exact same problem with the not-off issue when using PolyBrute Fw 2.0 in Logic Pro 10.7.2. Other issues as well, feels unstable! When using it standalone I have no problems!
Is it the same for you? and did you find a solution?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:35:19 am by Adebratt »

Pincho Paxton

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 06:51:59 pm »
I just posted about this myself. Sorry I didn't see this thread.

nomatisan

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 10:24:50 am »
Hi,

I've had and still have the same issues. With Logic (10.7.2) the connection is highly unstable so I stopped using USB unless I'm managing the sound library. It seems much more stable using the 5-pin MIDI connection. Arturia recommends having two separate MIDI tracks in your DAW; one for recording MIDI notes and another for playing those notes to the PolyBrute. These could/should have different MIDI channels. Not the most elegant way of recording and playing back MIDI but it works for me at the moment.

I hope Arturia will fix the USB issues soon.

Cheers

TedWins

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 08:35:32 pm »
Same Problem here with Polybrute connection to Polybrute connect with Logic Pro x version 10.7.2.  I have switched out different length usb cables, retarted everything multiple times, dove into multiple global settings, etc.  Just picked it up, worked fine for a day and then crapped out.  I have multiple synths such as Yamaha Montage, Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12, Roland FA08 and a multitude of Moogs...I went with this over another Dave Smith product and I use the Arturia V Collection.  I hope they get this figured out.  Has anyone been able to try the older version....if there is one?

larioso

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 02:32:02 am »
I wonder if this issue isn't this one
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108813.0

Using keyboard on PB at the same time as midi input to PB seems to create stuck notes.
The normal monitor/echo of midi through a daw or other sequencer create this.

Those using usb midi this appears as usb midi problem, but really the same problem using din midi connection.
Scanning keyboard at the same time as receiving midi seem not to be safe handling.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines