March 29, 2024, 09:28:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Linkin Park - Burn It Down Synth with Analog Lab V?  (Read 1149 times)

Domihansa

• Apprentice
Linkin Park - Burn It Down Synth with Analog Lab V?
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:47:43 pm »
Hey guys,

I am using Analog Lab V + Ableton Live to try and recreate the synth sound of Linkin Park - Burn It Down as good as possible.

What I am looking for, is the synth sound right at the start of the song. You can listen to it in my attachment (original studio version) or try this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeC2uILRsf8) for a well-audible live version. The live version sounds slightly different, however still very similar.

My problem is: I don't even know where to start when trying to recreate this sound. It sounds like there is a bell or something "underneath" and a very scratchy, full-of-tremolo sound above. I'm not sure whether these are two separate sounds or one heavily processed sound.

As for the notes played, although I know the gist of the chords (Dm, C, F; Am, G, G) I am not sure if they play full-fledged chords or just with two notes. But with the right sound, it would be a LOT easier to figure out the exact tones.

If anyone could help me or give me a hint for the sound, I would be very thankful :) all the sounds from YouTube covers I saw are just awfully bad.

Thanks in advance, Dominik ;)

LBH

Re: Linkin Park - Burn It Down Synth with Analog Lab V?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 11:43:21 pm »
Hi,

About playing the chords, then this might help: https://www.hooktheory.com/theorytab/view/linkin-park/burn-it-down

I would say the first part of the sound is organ or organ like.
The second part of the sound have some kind of fast modulation yes.

You don't tell, if you have the full version of Analog Lab and not a light version of some kind.
I can suggest you listen to some sounds, to hear if some sounds have some elements of the sound, so you can learn from that.
Perhaps it will not be easy for you to edit the sounds, if you only have Analog Lab and not the full individual applications. But perhaps you have enough parameters to get a useful sound.
If you are lucky, then perhaps you can get a good result just by combining 2 presets for the 2 parts of the sound, and using the availble effects in Analog Lab.

It's impossible to tell you excactly how to create or come very close to the sound, unless one first create it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines