March 29, 2024, 01:35:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recording & Cakewalk  (Read 896 times)

Shadoitlo

Recording & Cakewalk
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:17:48 pm »
Greetings,

I am brand new to soft synth and Cakewalk as well. I have a few quick questions and would be grateful for any insight. Please forgive the lack of knowledge on my part. I tried searching around a bit, but the wording never seems to match up with any useful articles.

Okay, for starters, once I create my own custom sequence, is there a way for me to play the sequence and record it as an audio export or can I only save the preset?

My other inquiry is how I get Pigments to work with Cakewalk. As I mentioned I'm brand new to both, but someone told me that they can work together for music production, if that is the case, I can't seem to figure out how to get them linked up/synced so that I can produce music with my custom presets / sequences that I create.

Thank you for your time & consideration.

LBH

Re: Recording & Cakewalk
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 04:45:29 pm »
Hi,

Hi,

Pigments will work like other instrument plugins will work in your DAW. So please consult DAW material on how to do this in your DAW. I don't use Cakewalk.

Pigments output Midi. It does'nt export midi it output it. This output can be recorded on a midi/ instrument track - either the same Pigments are on or on another. How to do this is also a DAW matter, so please also consult DAW material about this.

Your DAW in example have this manual:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=toc.html

There are much material to be found out there about this. I also know, that Pigments midi output have been discussed in some threads in Arturia forums.
Keep in mind that patience can be needed to learn about all this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines