March 28, 2024, 01:50:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: latency problems  (Read 6936 times)

larsericson

latency problems
« on: October 14, 2020, 03:20:19 pm »
It seems as if the latency problem in analog lab is caused by too big buffer sizes.
Is it possible to reduce this below 256 in order to decrease latency issues

LBH

Re: latency problems
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 04:23:38 pm »
High and welcome to Arturia forums.

It seems as if the latency problem in analog lab is caused by too big buffer sizes.
What Analog Lab latency issue? The buffer for Analog Lab depend on your soundcard.

Is it possible to reduce this below 256 in order to decrease latency issues
Yes - if your soundcard is able to do so, and if your CPU can handle the load. The lower the buffer size and the higher the sample rate the more load you put on your CPU.

A buffer at 256 samples should not have a very high latency though, if you use a well working soundcard driver.
Which soundcard and soundcard driver do you use?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 04:30:36 pm by LBH »

bogochitty11

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 08:45:19 am »
I am having this issue as well. I'm testing out the Analog Lab 4 demo on my computer. I am using a windows Lenovo Thinkpad T530 with a SSD and 16gb ram. I am running windows 10. I have the audio set to 256 buffer size and a 44100 sample rate. The audio driver is called 'Windows Audio." Whether I run the sound out of the head phone jack of the computer or out of the audio out of a Focusrite 2i4 the audio is very latent. I am using a M-audio keystation 49 to control the notes. When I play the keys of the keyboard, the audio is noticeably delayed. I am hoping to be able to use this set up as a keyboard rig for a live setting, but with this latency its sadly not an option. Is there anything I can do on my end to reduce the latency? 256 is the lowest buffer size Analog lab will permit me to set it to when I am using the 'Windows Driver." There is another driver called "direct sound" but this one will not allow me to route the audio out to an interface. When I set Analog Lab tp "direct sound" and use the headphone jack from the computer, with a buffer size of 64, the sound is completely garbled. Does anyone use this standalone software live? If so, how have you eliminated this latency problem?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 11:47:15 am »
I am having this issue as well. I'm testing out the Analog Lab 4 demo on my computer. I am using a windows Lenovo Thinkpad T530 with a SSD and 16gb ram. I am running windows 10. I have the audio set to 256 buffer size and a 44100 sample rate. The audio driver is called 'Windows Audio." Whether I run the sound out of the head phone jack of the computer or out of the audio out of a Focusrite 2i4 the audio is very latent. I am using a M-audio keystation 49 to control the notes. When I play the keys of the keyboard, the audio is noticeably delayed. I am hoping to be able to use this set up as a keyboard rig for a live setting, but with this latency its sadly not an option. Is there anything I can do on my end to reduce the latency? 256 is the lowest buffer size Analog lab will permit me to set it to when I am using the 'Windows Driver." There is another driver called "direct sound" but this one will not allow me to route the audio out to an interface. When I set Analog Lab tp "direct sound" and use the headphone jack from the computer, with a buffer size of 64, the sound is completely garbled. Does anyone use this standalone software live? If so, how have you eliminated this latency problem?
Hi,

I believe Focusrite have their own drivers. I suggest you use that.
Keep in mind, that the lower buffer you set, the more CPU power you need.

Beside that: A buffer at 256 samples should not give a very long delay. So perhaps you don't set the buffer the right place.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines