March 29, 2024, 02:00:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stereo Spread knob bug  (Read 1044 times)

jmgsound@outlook.com

• Apprentice
Stereo Spread knob bug
« on: September 08, 2021, 01:29:08 pm »
On my unit, the Stereo Spread knob only works in 1 mode. There are supposed to be 2 modes (accessed via settings) Centered (default) and Gradual. When I try to choose these modes it does not change the behaviour of the knob. The knob will always work in Centered mode. However, the mode does work correctly when using it in the mod matrix, for example, if I assign voices to voice pan.
So is this a bug on everyone's PolyBrute? Please can someone test on their unit and say if it is the same for them?

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Stereo Spread knob bug
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 08:01:23 pm »
It's probably not as clearly explained as it should be, but according to the manual (pages 89 and 52), the Distribution Centered/Gradual setting only affects the behavior of the Voices mod source, not the behavior of the stereo knob. The Voice Pan/Voice+Filter Pan is the only setting that affects the stereo knob.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:03:05 pm by modalmixture »

jmgsound@outlook.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 11:33:50 am »
Hey, thanks for the reply. I spoke with Arturia about this and they have confirmed it is a bug. The knob is supposed to change mode just like the matrix. It will be fixed. The bug is actually worse than this, as some units will have very different random values when changing modes, both with the knob and sometimes in the matrix too.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 10:31:17 pm »
Wow, thanks for confirming with them. Now if only we knew when the next firmware update is coming...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines