March 28, 2024, 10:12:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to mute the dry signal in Reaper  (Read 2538 times)

magnusson

• Apprentice
How to mute the dry signal in Reaper
« on: September 07, 2021, 03:42:20 am »
I'm using the Vocoder V demo version in Reaper. The vocoder works as expected, except that I can always hear the dry signal (the speech) even when the mix knob is turned to 100% wet. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

LBH

Re: How to mute the dry signal in Reaper
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
Hi,

Sound like you use the external audio input.
Do you turn down the volume for the dry input signal track? I'm not a Reaper user, but i assume an audio track send audio to the DAWs main output (or whatever the track is set to) unless you turn that signal down. You shall set the DAW, so you only hear audio from the Vocoder track.

magnusson

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:28:00 pm »
After speaking with Arturia support, it seems that the problem is because I wasn't using the VST3 version of the plugin. I would not have expected that to be the issue!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 10:54:54 pm »
Thanks for reporting back.

After speaking with Arturia support, it seems that the problem is because I wasn't using the VST3 version of the plugin. I would not have expected that to be the issue!
Neither would i. To me that mean the VST2 version has a bug that need to be fixed. There should not be any difference in this .

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 02:37:36 am »
Reaper comes with a wonderful plugin I discovered called JS: MIDI EQ Ducker.
What it does is gate the signal based on if MIDI input is being received or not. It can cut the sound if no keys are being pressed. I discovered this for using iZotope's Stutter Edit 2. It works just as well with Vocoder.

You have to change Mode (at the bottom) from "Freq Peak" to "Gate" and there ya go. Set attack and release and such as desired.
This space left intentionally blank.

eschaap

• Diderique - Synth freak pur sang
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 04:23:38 pm »
I'm using the Vocoder V demo version in Reaper. The vocoder works as expected, except that I can always hear the dry signal (the speech) even when the mix knob is turned to 100% wet. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

[Update]
In Reaper 6 this has been changed and the VST3 version doesn't add the original signal tot the Vocoder stream anymore.
[original message]
There's a mistake in the help file that is presented in the Vocoder (Help button in the Advanced Voice Input screen) for routing an audio modulator to the vocoder. I have figured it out in Reaper and made an illustrated document about this. Please find it enclosed. BTW: it works with the VST2 version too... And it's the same procedure as configuring side chaining in Reaper.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:19:35 am by eschaap »
Turn up the PWM!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines