March 29, 2024, 12:56:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transpose with one hand  (Read 3043 times)

AndreasSteiner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Transpose with one hand
« on: September 06, 2021, 11:06:24 pm »
I have used KSP for a live performance recently. All good, except: we absolutely need the ability to transpose without having to use two hands...

Ar1

• Apprentice
Re: Transpose with one hand
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:12 pm »
Same as me. Many people request it too. It will be great to do the same as in Beatstep Pro to use external synth to transpose. I'm waiting for this feature so long... Beatstep Pro is great, but so many different ways to do the same thing using BSP and KSP :(

al80

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 11:12:45 pm »
+1
i am waiting for transpose via external keyboard since day 1.old keystep and beatstep has this function.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 11:34:19 pm »
Transpose with one hand and transpose from external source (DAW), are my main requests too. 

ancaja123

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 04:15:41 am »
+1
i am waiting for transpose via external keyboard since day 1.old keystep and beatstep has this function.
It's getting ridiculous.  I was very excited about the last update when they added transposing in scale...but it's almost pointless when all your hands are used up.  feels like playing with a toy, and I never use it anymore for any real production.

themixtape

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 12:22:15 am »
+1000

AlanCho1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:37:35 am »
+9999 Yes please. Latch toggle the transpose button. All 4 Seq tracks shall transpose according to the keybed (KSP) or via external MIDI controller using one hand.

Tempted to have a mechanical toggle switch solder in parallel to the Transpose button. But I will wait patiently.

Appreciate it if you can consider your next FW update to cater this request. Thank you.  :)

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 05:20:20 pm »
Thats the simple exercise only.
Imagine doing transpose a bass sequence with your left hand and play an arpeggio on the upper range in split mode.
...or a melody.

Cold be a feature in V4  ;D

pipo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 05:07:57 pm »
Please could someone from Arturia confirm that Arturia is reading the users requests?

I can see the KSP taking a main place and replace other gear in my studio, cause it's really a great machine, but I'd love to be able to not have to hold the momentary HOLD button when I want to transpose an ARP or a SEQ.
IMHO the KSP is missing a latch function on the transpose button. I see online that I'm far to be the only one who thinks it is a very useful function.
Why not make it to latch instead? And if you really want to keep the momentary function, then find a key combo for the latch. It's cool to have a transpose function, but IMHO it has to be practical and playable to make sense.

It's pretty frustrating to not get any news or feedback on customers requests. I think this is a crucial point that many manufacturers truly underestimate.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:00:32 pm by pipo »

Goesbysteve

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 07:58:49 pm »
Think how I feel with only one hand to use at all due to disability Any advice if the BSP is in anyway usable with just one hand?

pipo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 05:52:26 pm »
Think how I feel with only one hand to use at all due to disability Any advice if the BSP is in anyway usable with just one hand?
The KSP has so many functions that it often needs keys combination to get to them. So it will all depend on what you want to do with it.
Maybe a good way to check this is to have a look at the manual. For instance you can search the term "SHIFT" in the PDF to get an idea of how much only this key is used to have access to very useful functions.

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 06:25:42 pm »
Already requested I think (latch transpose) but we need more votes!

AndreasFranke

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 08:26:04 am »
Essential functionality!

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 03:20:21 pm »
+1, nightmarish that it didn't ship with this functionality, simply mind-rending.

BigFknRobots

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 04:00:51 pm »
I really wish there was a second copy of the "shift" key on the right side of the keyboard!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines