April 20, 2024, 02:57:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hello! Anyone chain 2 Keystep Pros together for 8 tracks?  (Read 1337 times)

Greyson76

Hello! Anyone chain 2 Keystep Pros together for 8 tracks?
« on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:25 am »
Hello,

I’m new to the forum, my name is Greyson and I recently took the plunge and got a Key Step Pro, primarily for my modular gear.  I’m still getting acquainted with all the functions of the sequencer, but so far I’m a big fan.  I would like to go beyond the 4 tracks, it’s perfect for triggering my drum modules, and then the 3 additional cv sequencers goes a long way with my modular set-up, but I have a couple of midi synths I’d love to incorporate into the sequencing.  Ultimately 8 tracks would suffice, so that leads me to ask this, could you use 2 Keystep pros in tandem and have one handle MIDI sequencing and then other do the modular/cv sequencing?

Anyone try this? I actually have 2 right now, I was waiting for a black version to be released, and decided that it might not happen and I didn’t want to wait any longer.  And a month later they come out with a black one.  So, I figured I’d sell the white one if need be, but honestly I’d keep them both if I could use them together, any thoughts?  Thanks for your help, and I look forward to being a member of this forum.

Cheers!
Greyson
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:22:42 am by Greyson76 »

BigFknRobots

Re: Hello! Anyone chain 2 Keystep Pros together for 8 tracks?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 07:09:38 am »
I haven't tried it

But I don't see why not.

You could obviously tempo synth them with midi clock.

They wouldn't change patterns or songs together, so they would have a level of independence
But that would happen if combining it with any kind of other sequencer

I'm sure you could still do a lot of cool stuff with 2

give it a go!

maybe make a video for youtube?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines