April 25, 2024, 09:51:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 49 not being recognised by Analog V or any DAW!  (Read 3436 times)

nuvaid

• Apprentice
Hi all,

I just bought a new Keylab Essential 49 yesterday and was eagerly looking forward to making some music on it. While all tutorials showed easy USB based setup, I connected the Keylab to my new laptop (a top of the line Intel i7 11th Gen, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) via USB. I had installed all softwares like the Analog Lab 4 & V and Ableton Live Lite, registered the product, installed the Arturia Software Center, and the MIDI Control Center. In short, I did as I was told! The keyboard connected alright but it did not show up on any of the softwares or DAW.

I tried all ways to rectify this - removed the device from the Devices & Printers in the Settings, Reset the device, and plugged and unplugged multiple time. Except for one brief period wherein I could make some sound from the keys heard on Analog Lab and Ableton, it has largely been dead end for me. The MIDI Control Center also gives this error message about the device being "used by someone else" and not able to update the firmware (which I have seen a lot of people complain about).

Please help me in this matter! Has been a downright sad experience as I was so looking forward to this.

LBH

Re: Keylab Essential 49 not being recognised by Analog V or any DAW!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 10:08:49 pm »
Hi,

What do you mean by the controller is'nt being recognized?
Is'nt it availble, when you setup the controller in your software, following the softwares instructions on how to do this? It look like Windows recognize the controller, if you say it's  listed in Windows device manager.

Did you follow the instructions in the Keylab Essential manual carefully to update the firmware?

Did you have a application that use a midi controller open, when you got the error messages that the device was being used?

nuvaid

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 08:11:33 pm »
Hi, thanks for the response  :). The Keylab Essential 49 does not reflect as MIDI on any DAW like FL20 or Ableton. It does not show up as a MIDI controller in Analog Labs as well. I did everything as per the manual but somehow its still not able to connect to any of these softwares. So I am stuck with a Keyboard which cannot make any music now :(.

I tried updating the firmware but thats showing an error on the MIDI Control Center. Attached are the screenshots of the errors and also the Analog Lab V not showing the Keyboard.

Please help if possible!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:09:59 pm »
I can't tell, if you have got a faulty unit or what else the problem can be.
I suggest you contact Arturia support through your account.

Be sure to give them the screenshots you have posted here, and aslo a screenshot that show the device is to be found in Windows device manager.

I'm sorry you have this troubles, when you would like to play.
Good luck.

nuvaid

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:36:49 pm »
Thanks for the time taken to reply back. Much appreciated 👍🏻. Will probably check with Arturia Help 😔.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines