March 29, 2024, 05:54:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi channel switch  (Read 1085 times)

al80

Midi channel switch
« on: August 29, 2021, 03:42:20 pm »
hello ksp users

Is anybody here like me  who believes that midi channel switching is still a slow proccess on the ksp ?this track and encoder combination is very
slow if you want to change a midi channel destination on a track during a performance.the old keystep-beatstep and keystep 37 are very fast with that.

i made this topic for users to share and suggest possible button combinations to achieve that function fast and who knows maybe arturia will listen and do something.
i think that the step buttons 1-16 could work very good with channel switch
something like SHIFT+TRACK+STEP BUTTON(1 thru 16)would be very cool and fast to achieve that function.

any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:01:18 pm by al80 »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Midi channel switch
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 07:35:41 am »
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I think not cuz it's pretty quick.
I just hold down the desired track's Track button and turn the Main encoder to select the MIDI channel, the click-press the encoder to apply the change. I don't see how it could be faster.
You don't need to delve into the menu.
This space left intentionally blank.

al80

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 01:15:42 am »
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I think not cuz it's pretty quick.
I just hold down the desired track's Track button and turn the Main encoder to select the MIDI channel, the click-press the encoder to apply the change. I don't see how it could be faster.
You don't need to delve into the menu.
I know how it works but i think it is too slow compared to other arturia products like keystep beatstep and keystep37.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 07:59:07 pm »
I agree, it is slower and more cumbersome.  On the Keystep/37, you press shift and one of the first 16 keys, to instantly change channel.

This was discussed during implementation and it was decided that it can't be done, the same way as other products, as the first 16 keys are used for other functions, which is not the case on other products, where the first 16 keys, are solely for channel changing purposes.

I can't see another way to make this quicker/easier, can you share any ideas?

BigFknRobots

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 05:08:40 pm »
fair..

all the keys do already have a lot of functions!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines