March 29, 2024, 02:36:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 8 - NKS and Forum Questions  (Read 2961 times)

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection 8 - NKS and Forum Questions
« on: August 15, 2021, 04:18:39 pm »
So I'm thinking of upgrading from V Collection 7 to 8.  Some of the instruments are listed as having no NKS support.

What's the plan for correcting this; are they going to bring NKS support to those products and what's the target date for this?  This upgrade comes at a significant cost, so I'd like to know what I'm getting for my money...BEFORE I give up my money.   ;)  NKS compatibility, ever since it was first offered, has become one of those things I would expect to have had on "Day 1" or very soon thereafter.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And for my second question...we're doing V Collection 8 posts in the V Collection 6 forum section?  The forums overall kind of look a bit like my garage.  Meaning that they can probably use a good reorganization and a nice cleansing pressure washing.  In my defense, at least I can park a car in my garage; which means that it's somewhat less disorganized than these forums. 

That's not a judgment.  Everything gets messy after a time no matter how well it was set up initially.  I'd be happy with a forum section for V Collection 7 & 8.  Or, if you don't want to have to deal with this for every version, just create one called "V Collection:  Current Version".  This might be a perfect job for a couple of summer interns, don't ya think?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

LBH

Re: V Collection 8 - NKS and Forum Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 06:12:49 pm »
Hi,

Regarding NKS.

V-Collection 8.1 have NKS files from Arturia for all applications except for Analog Lab.
So just update the applications. It's a free update for VC8.
It's from the release of new Arturia applications for years been possible to use them in Komplete Kontrol and to create NKS file your self.

NKS compatibility, ever since it was first offered, has become one of those things I would expect to have had on "Day 1" or very soon thereafter.
You exspect too much i think. Arturia have btw as far as i recall mostly added NKS a short while after release of new applications. But you can't even exspect any manufactor to create NKS files and keep doing it in the future.
I would rather exspect NI to have created a system, that does'nt require speciel presets, and that actually can do the same, that in example Arturia preset system can - like sharing presets between applications and have more browser options and more powerful search functionality.

If you look in NI's forum, then you find many are creating NKS files for lots of applications that does'nt have NKS from the manufactor.
NKS is not a industri standard like you seem to think it is.

Why should i use Komplete Kontrol for Arturia products, when i have Arturias preset system? It only require to open one extra application (Komplete Kontrol) for each track to get less functionality and less work space. And saving in NKS will also force me to allways use Komplete Kontrol or create new presets for another preset system.

Also keep in mind, that you can use Arturias products from day one in Komplete Kontrol and create your own NKS files.
You can also cretae your own NKS files for Analog Lab, if you wish. But just keep in mind, that if you in example create a NKS file for a Mini V preset in Analog Lab, then it only can be used in Analog Lab, while you in Arturias own preset format system also would be able to use the same preset in Mini V. It's the same for any other application, that if you create a preset in a individual Arturia synth/ keyboard application, then you can use the same preset in Analog Lab, and this is'nt possible with NKS. This i think is a reason why Arturia does'nt make NKS for Analog Lab. Analog Lab is in a way also Arturias Komplete Kontrol, but for Arturias synths and keys only.
And again, - you need to use Komplete Kontrol to use NKS files. I see many reasons to not use Komplete Kontrol.

NKS have btw for a long time been discussed in other threads in the forums.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 06:14:46 pm by LBH »

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V Collection 8 - NKS and Forum Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 07:34:40 pm »
Thank you for the response.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines