March 28, 2024, 02:01:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there a way to manually edit variables?  (Read 947 times)

Villainous Blue

• Apprentice
Is there a way to manually edit variables?
« on: August 24, 2021, 04:11:32 am »
Just wondering, is there an ability to manually configure variables? My scenario is that I'm making a 16 bar riser at 140bpm, which equates to 0.036458 Hertz. The Rate knob only allows 3 decimals, which is almost enough but I'd like to make it a bit closer to the correct frequency.   

LBH

Re: Is there a way to manually edit variables?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:15:25 pm »
Hi,

You can't change the number of decimals inside the application. I have not checked if it's possible through external files, but i doubt it.

So beside setting the Hertz as you allready do (it must be very close allready), then you can set the rate to 8 bars (max), lower the tempo to half and let other notes play double speed like 1/8 instead of 1/4 notes, if that possible in your project.
Also you can use host automation over 16 bars to modulate the parameter/s instead of using an internal modulation and rate, if you use a host.
EDIT: Or perhaps use 2 presets - one for the first 8 bars and one for the last 8 bars EDIT END

Perhaps it's possible to find a trick with internal modulation, so you can get 2x8 bars sync modulation. I doubt it, but perhaps.

Among other things  i've in example wished for "End Triggers". In this case it could make it possible to chain two functions at 8 bars each together, so the first function trigger the next, when it has run it's period. That would give 16 bars. Unfortunately this has'nt been added. At least not yet.

16 bars is much, but a 16 bar rate option would perhaps have been nice for you in cases like this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 08:18:23 pm by LBH »

Villainous Blue

• Apprentice
Re: Is there a way to manually edit variables?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 01:23:03 pm »
Thanks LBH, the hertz are close enough actually, with 3 decimals you get really quite close. I ended up using 32 bars on this particular one. After making a quick hertz calculator and figuring out that holding down ctrl while turning the knob you can control it more accurately it ended up close enough. I'm new to Pigments but I think this will be my goto for SFX, it gives great visibility into what is happening with the modulators and the sampling capability works really well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines