March 28, 2024, 07:25:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I need help with DAW Command Center  (Read 4298 times)

PamPurrs

• Apprentice
    • Bad Ass Bass Gal
I need help with DAW Command Center
« on: August 25, 2021, 05:27:49 pm »
Hello all,  I am a brand  new owner of a Arturia Keylab 49 and so far love it way better than the M-audio Oxygen I had previously.  My DAW is Reaper, and I have been going through the process of learning how to connect everything to my DAW.

I am having one minor issue though: when I press any of the buttons (start, stop, record, etc) in the transport section or the DAW Command Center, it plays a random note from whichever instrument I have loaded at the time, as if I'm playing the keyboard.  The buttons do what I have assigned them to do in Reaper, but they still play those annoying notes.  I thought I'd be able to fix this in the MCC, but apparently that is not possible.  Can anyone tell me a way to disable those notes?

Should this be an Arturia tech  support question?

LBH

Re: I need help with DAW Command Center
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 05:51:16 pm »
Hi,

Have you set up your controller as a control surface in Reaper the way you can read here in FAQ: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks
Please read the notes about Windows after the images, if you are on Windows.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:55:55 pm by LBH »

PamPurrs

• Apprentice
    • Bad Ass Bass Gal
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 06:01:51 pm »
>>> Have you set up your controller as a control surface in Reaper the way you can read here in FAQ: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks <<<

Yes, I tried to do that several times, but it failed.  I kept getting an error message like the on in the attachment.  I just leave it setup in "MIDI Devices" in preferences.

Yes, I am on Windows.  Does that make a difference?

Pam

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 06:12:06 pm »
Yes, I am on Windows.  Does that make a difference?
Like the notes for Windows tell, then you shall use MIDIIN2 abd MIDIOUT2. I don't have an Arturia controller, but to me it look like, you are not using that.

Keep in mind, that this is for the control surface part, and not the Keyboard part. I also don't use Reaper, but you likely need to have two setups. One for the Keyboard controller (Not Mackie) using the input and output you show, and one for the Control surface using MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2.

PamPurrs

• Apprentice
    • Bad Ass Bass Gal
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 06:26:04 pm »
you shall use MIDIIN2 abd MIDIOUT2

I tried that, and it also produces the same error message.  I have tried all kinds of things.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 08:02:21 pm »
That's strange.

Are your controller set to MCU in Arturia MCC?
If so, then i can't tell, if it's a Arturia or Reaper issue.
I suggest you contact both supports then, unless someone in Reaper forum know about this. Perhaps the ports is blocked in Reaper, and need another setting somewhere to work.

Good luck.

PamPurrs

• Apprentice
    • Bad Ass Bass Gal
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 08:53:12 pm »
>>>> Are your controller set to MCU in Arturia MCC? <<<<

I really don't know, I haven't seen any way in my MCC to check, let alone change it.

The thing is, I''ve got everything working fine between the Arturia and Reaper.  This thing with the transport buttons playing notes is just an annoyance that I'm going to have to live with unless Arturia support can figure it out.  I sent them a support request.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 09:08:57 pm »
I really don't know, I haven't seen any way in my MCC to check, let alone change it.
Afaik you should be able to toogle between HUI and MCU in MCC. Both are Mackie protocols. Perhaps the parameter is called something with Mackie or DAW.

RalphNT

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 03:39:34 pm »
Changing DAW mode to HUI fixed this for me

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines