April 26, 2024, 01:47:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extended MIDI learn, "on/off"  (Read 1380 times)

Andreas

Extended MIDI learn, "on/off"
« on: August 15, 2021, 05:37:20 pm »
Hi!

To make the most of my Keylab mk II and pigments, I'm trying to control as much as possible from the Keylab.
This gives me a way of working with the keylab pretty much as a traditional synth. -Great, and much nicer to twek sound directly from my keyboard than using the mouse.

Request:
I am missing the posibillity to map buttons on my keyboard to control "on/off" setting for diffrent modulation sources.
Example: If I setup LFO 1 to control a filter parameter AND fine tuning, I can only turn these functions on/off with the mouse, not by having them mapped to diffrent buttons on my controller.
If the on/off setting in the UI could be mapped/Learned via MIDI, I could choose (for example) the LFO to control filter and/or something else directly from my Keylab mk II, but I don't find it possible, since the on/off is not mappable via MIDI.

This should be a small thing to add, I think, and would increse usability as a stand alone synth.

Cheers!

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Extended MIDI learn, "on/off"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 10:56:46 am »
Hi Andreas !

Sadly, we cannot set the modulations parameters like On/Off, amount and sidechain as VST parameters.
It represents more than a thousand parameters to add, and it was chosen not to do it.
What you can do instead is, set your LFO to modulate fine tune and filter, then add macro 1 as Sidechain source for LFO 1 fine tune and Macro 2 as Sidechain LFO filter.
Then tweaking both Macros should give you the control over the amount of modulation you watn.
Hope that helps!
Cheers!
QA Technician

DmAudio

• Apprentice
Re: Extended MIDI learn, "on/off"
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:34 pm »
Hi Andreas !

Sadly, we cannot set the modulations parameters like On/Off, amount and sidechain as VST parameters.
It represents more than a thousand parameters to add, and it was chosen not to do it.
What you can do instead is, set your LFO to modulate fine tune and filter, then add macro 1 as Sidechain source for LFO 1 fine tune and Macro 2 as Sidechain LFO filter.
Then tweaking both Macros should give you the control over the amount of modulation you watn.
Hope that helps!
Cheers!

I actually have this same request! I've utilized all four of my macros, and totally understand that parameter specific mapping can't be perfect. Could we, however, have additional macros? you could make them toggle like ableton does, so that you have four macros but you can click a little "plus" button beside them to add more. Maybe up to eight? ten? That would help me out immensely!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:45:42 pm by DmAudio »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines