March 28, 2024, 12:19:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI CC Assignment  (Read 2577 times)

tabtech

• Apprentice
MIDI CC Assignment
« on: August 13, 2021, 01:15:23 am »
I've been struggling with this for a few months now without resolution. I am controlling Stage-73 V2 from my Keylab Mk II 88 and I do not want most advanced parameters to be controlled/assigned MIDI CC. So I display the Advanced parameters such as Hammer Hardness and Pickup Distance. I then switch the view to MIDI and see that most of them are red instead of purple, meaning they have been assigned a CC controller number. I don't want that, so I set my MIDI Controller to "KeyLab mkii 88" and then right-click each parameter in Advanced Settings to they change from red to purple and they become unassigned in the list. I then click the down arrow for MIDI Config and save the configuration as "User1". I then save my STAGE-73 with a new preset after setting the advanced parameters the way I want them.
I have done this countless times.
After restarting and going back in, I once again see that the Advanced Settings have MIDI CCs assigned even though it says it is reading the User1 configuration.
So, am I just doing something wrong or is this a bug that needs to be fixed? This appears to be happening with other Arturia V collection instruments where, out of the blue, a piano starts out sounding like a marimba because I turned a knob on my KeyLab MkII 88.
What am I doing wrong?

LBH

Re: MIDI CC Assignment
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:58:31 am »
Hi,

To me it sound like you are confusing where to do what.
It sound like you unassign the midi CC in the Stage 73 V application, but save a template for your controller in Midi Control Center. Is this what you do?
You shall save your midi config in the Stage 73 V application in the Midi section. You can give the new configs a name by own choice. Please consult the Stage 73 manual section "3.4.1. MIDI controller configuration".

Be sure the correct midi config are loaded in Stage 73 V afterwards.

tabtech

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 11:06:25 pm »
I believe I am doing it correctly by going to the MIDI section, setting my "MIDI Controller" to "KeyLab mkii 88". I then remove all CC assignments by right-clicking each control so that it changes from red to purple and it becomes unassigned in the CC Control list. I then used the "MIDI Config" drop-down list and choose "Save Current Config As" and named it "User2 NoCC" and clicked the [ Save ] button. I then went to the hamburger menu to the left of STAGE-73 in the upper-left corner and chose "Save Preset As.." and named it "My Clean Mark V 2.7 No CC" and saved that.
I then closed everything and restarted the computer. After loading it back up, the "MIDI Controller" was set to "Generic MIDI Controller" and the "MIDI Config" was back to "User1" and the controls were red again. The "User2 NoCC" configuration was not listed. Am I naming it wrong?
I also notice that changing the MIDI Controller and/or MIDI Config settings do not constitute and change in the library preset, which is what I expect. Is there a different method to retain a given controller and config within a preset?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 12:27:20 am »
You could just name the MIDI Config Simple, Clean, Minimal or whatever. You don't have to have User in the name, but it should work even if you have.

The MIDI config is global. The settings is'nt preset based. So saving the sound preset like you say you do, have no impact on the MIDI Config. Just save the MIDI Config. You don't have to save the sound preset.
(I can also recommend you Export your MIDI Configs, and then create backups on your files, so you don't loose the configs and have to create them again.)
The saved MIDI Config should be found in the same section afterwards.

I don't have an Arturia controller, but i don't think it matter.
The MIDI Controller and MIDI Config settings in Stage 73 V2s sidepanels MIDI section, that you have, when you close the application, should also be the settings that is present, the next time you open the application.

So if you in example change the MIDI Controller and MIDI Config settings and close the application, then you will not get the previous settings back just by selecting the sound preset you say you also save, as the settings - as i said - is global.

If the above is'nt the case, then try to clean the Stage 73 v2s Prefs through ASC.
If you afterall have any MIDI Configs of your own, then export them first. Then they allways can be imported again.

BTW. You don't have to be in MIDI Learn mode to remove an assigment. Just right click over the parameter in the sidepanel, that you wish to delete. A pop up menu give you some options. Also to delete the parameter assigment.

tabtech

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 05:51:09 am »
Thank you. That was all very helpful. I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines