March 29, 2024, 09:08:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mg Modular v2 with Nuendo 3.1  (Read 5644 times)

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg Modular v2 with Nuendo 3.1
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:51:18 pm »
I am having problems with this combination.

The problem is plugin GUIs being drawn with a blank screen or with the buttons missing. This only happens when I have loaded Mg Modular v2.

If I load a GMedia Imposcar immediately after loading and unloading a Mg Modular v2, Nuendo crashes completely without any error or warning dialog.

I get the impression there is an incompatibility problem with Modular 2 and Nuendo.

I have also had problems with the Arturia MiniMg and Nuendo 3.1. When loading in a project, the MiniMg doesn't sound even though the midi activity indicators are working.

Another time, I had two MiniMgs loaded and when I hit play, one of them started to change pitch very slowly upwards!

I have the Arturia Vintage Pack and all plugins are patched to the latest versions and Nuendo is patched to the latest too.

Please can I be advised on whether there is a known issue with Arturia plugins and Nuendo 3.1 or whether there are specific known issues with Mg Modular 2 or MiniMg?

Thank you,

Mark

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:39:53 pm »
BUMP! :)

Am I the only person in the world experiencing these blank GUIs and instant crash scenarios?

Mark

behrenbeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Tell us more
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:06:29 am »
Hi, Mark!

Tell us more about your computer!

Have yu tried MMV with SAVIHOST or somethink equal?

I use MMV with my cubase sx 3.
(P4 3Ghz, 1GB Ram)
I have a song with 9 MMV synths in and there is no problem.
Canot tell about nuendo.

But please tell us more about ya computer and try savihost
or another VST host.
Have a nice day [night]
Werner Behrenbeck

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:01:02 am »
Hello Behrenbeck,

The computer is a dual opteron, 2gb ram, midisport interface and lynx soundcard.

Which version of MMV are you using? I have v2 that was on the CD in the Vintage Pack.

I would like to try downgrading this to V1.2 and have written to Arturia to ask about this.

I also know that other Nuendo users are having problems with MMV so there is definitely something going wrong. I understand your suggestion to check with a different host like savi but really, that doesn't help me because I want to use MMV in my host which is Nuendo :)

Anyway, I haven't had any reply from Arturia about my support call that I raised and in the meantime, I daren't use MMV because I run the risk of instant crashes or blank GUIs.

I really hope Arturia will contact me soon about this because at the moment, I have bought an unusable synth and I am not too happy about that.

Mark

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:38:17 am »
BUMP

I have just got quite angry about this now. I have used the FogBugz thing to check the status of the fault I raised with Arturia and it is shown as "CLOSED".

Why was this closed?

Why was it closed without telling the person who raised it in the first place?

I have had no reply from Nicholas since I sent the support request in.

Are Arturia hoping I just go away on this?

There is a major bug with MMV2 that I know has been reported by other people as well.

What is happening Arturia? Are you supporting your customers (they are the people who pay you money to buy your products) or not?

Mark

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:14 am »
I duplicated the 'grey box' behavior with SX 3.1.

Right now, it is random, but I will work with it some more to see if I can determine exactly what is going on.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines