March 28, 2024, 02:14:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keys not working when in Analog Lab  (Read 1500 times)

FinelyFinesse

Keys not working when in Analog Lab
« on: August 11, 2021, 07:38:26 am »
Hey guys, I just bought a Mk2 61 just today and decided to set it up. I noticed that when I was trying to set up my controller to Analog Lab 4, my C# and E# keys were barely responsive, and I had to push down on the keys hard in order for the note to register. I was wondering whether I can reset the controller, configure it someway or if there's something wrong with the physical controller. Anything helps!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keys not working when in Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:26:05 am »
Welcome.

Check it with various presets. If you find it the same on all presets, it's likely the controller. If it's new, return it for a replacement. If it's not new, 9 out of 10 chance the circuitboard under the keys needs to be cleaned.

Also, what's an E#, other than an F?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

FinelyFinesse

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:27:17 pm »
I tried all of the presets so far, its been only been those two keys that I've had problems with. Also meant to say F right there, sorry about that lol. I'll try cleaning it right now and if it still doesn't work, I'll probably send it back

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 01:34:11 pm »
If it's new and/or you have the option to send it back I would not advise trying to repair it yourself. just send it back. You cannot gain access to the circuitboard to clean the contacts without disassembling the unit, which in most cases will void any warranty.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines