April 26, 2024, 09:49:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: All notes stuck in hold mode on Tracks 1 & 4  (Read 892 times)

synth62

All notes stuck in hold mode on Tracks 1 & 4
« on: August 11, 2021, 04:12:00 am »
I just bought a brand new Keystep Pro, updated the firmware to latest 2.01, have the MIDI control Center installed and I am basically running the device out of the box to control my Modular and DSI REV2. Tracks 2 & 3 have been working beautifully in sequence mode but on Tracks 1 & 4 every note holds and the corresponding LED stays lit as if I am holding down the keys or have the hold button on. This happens on every key. I have tried powering off the unit several times and read through the manual to see if there is some alternate recording mode that those two tracks might be stuck in. The unit exhibits this behavior even when everything is unplugged. Not sure if this is a bug or what but I cant use these either of these two tracks.
Please advise...

synth62

Re: All notes stuck in hold mode on Tracks 1 & 4
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 11:09:08 pm »
I actually solved this issue so I am going to answer my own thread as not to waste anyone's time and generate any ridicule for my own undoing. There was actually a loop caused by the inbound MIDI connection from the DSI REV2 board that was causing the keys on these two tracks to stick or moreover be in hold mode. When I was troubleshooting I neglected to remove the cable from the REV2 to the MIDI IN of the the KSP. That combined with the default track routing created the idiot loop. I should have caught this before making this post but if anyone should suffer the same fate then it is at least documented here. Thanks...  :)

Andrew Henderson

Re: All notes stuck in hold mode on Tracks 1 & 4
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 11:53:57 pm »
This is great news, thanks for sharing!  I am personally glad to hear that you got it solved and that there isn't any issue with your KSP.  This is good advice for anyone in the future too, who may do something similar and will now have an answer/solution!

Enjoy your KSP!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines