April 23, 2024, 02:55:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't restore initial GUI size  (Read 2109 times)

oortone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't restore initial GUI size
« on: August 07, 2021, 09:32:20 pm »
This goes for all my Arturia Instruments.

When I instansiate a plugin on Logic in my MacBook Pro Arturia instruments are often given a rather big size but kind of zoomed in so the keys are hidden which is fine. It leaves some space above and beneath. However if I resize the window using the upper left controls and then go back to original percentage I can never get this zoom back, now the plugin has a bigger height to fit the keys. How do I get back to the initial size?

LBH

Re: Can't restore initial GUI size
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 11:22:04 pm »
Hi,

The initial size is whatever size you last used for the plugin. It should be.

Are you sure, it's not a matter of scrolling, that you think the GUI is different on different sizes? Have you tried to scroll?

oortone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 11:12:27 pm »
Hi,

The initial size is whatever size you last used for the plugin. It should be.

Are you sure, it's not a matter of scrolling, that you think the GUI is different on different sizes? Have you tried to scroll?

There's an initial size first time I use a plugn in a new session.
However now I find that the vertical size also depends on where I place the window when a new size is selected. So if I go from 50% to 80% on my MacBookPro and the window is far down it get's a smaller vertical size than if I have the window at the top!

So I can restore initial GUI by placing the window far down... :-D

At least this is the case for Mini V3.

Would be better of I could resize freely myself.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:14:13 pm by oortone »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 11:49:26 pm »
I'm not sure i understand. But i can add this:
When the GUI is smaller than the set size, then you find an arrow in the lower right corner of the application. When you move the window and click this arrow, then the GUI resize. When the size is the size you have set - like 80% -, then the arrow dissapear.

You can allways set a different size, also by using the computer keyboard, like you can see in the resize menu.

So i'm not sure what you think is wrong.
If things does'nt work like i describe, and a cleaning of Mini Vs prefs and a reinstall of mini V does'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

I don't find anything has to be wrong. But it can be DAW or OS depended, in case anything is wrong.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 12:28:27 am by LBH »

oortone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 09:15:40 am »
I'm not sure i understand. But i can add this:
When the GUI is smaller than the set size, then you find an arrow in the lower right corner of the application. When you move the window and click this arrow, then the GUI resize. When the size is the size you have set - like 80% -, then the arrow dissapear.

You can allways set a different size, also by using the computer keyboard, like you can see in the resize menu.

So i'm not sure what you think is wrong.
If things does'nt work like i describe, and a cleaning of Mini Vs prefs and a reinstall of mini V does'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

I don't find anything has to be wrong. But it can be DAW or OS depended, in case anything is wrong.

Basically I would like that arrow to not disappear, and instead have the reverse function, so I could easily go back to the initial - vertically restricted - size. I don't need to see the keys. But it's not a bug evidently, just a lack of functionality. Many other software instruments lets you hide the keyboard to save screen space.

In my resize menu in Logic I see no key commands, see picture.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 12:44:29 pm »
Yes that functionality is unfortunately missing.

I'm on Windows. I can use CTRL + num- and Ctrl and num+ to resize the window instead of using the menu.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines