April 23, 2024, 08:22:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 49 + Studio One 5 pro ?  (Read 1155 times)

realvitas

Keylab Essential 49 + Studio One 5 pro ?
« on: August 01, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »
Hi!

Im pretty new to midi and some questions came up about hooking up my newly bought Keylab Essential 49 to my daw Studio One 5 pro. I watched some videos on how to assign midi commands via Studio One’s own midi control panel ”midi learn" and that seemed pretty straight forward. The Keylab Essential comes also comes with its own software MCC Midi Control Center where you assign the keyboards parameters.

Im not sure I understand the difference between those.. Couldnt I just use the midi learn inside my daw to assign all the parameters on the Keylab Essential?

Maybe someone can clearify this for me :)
Best regards, Samuel

LBH

Re: Keylab Essential 49 + Studio One 5 pro ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 08:20:56 pm »
Hi,

It's two different things.

Relevant for your question, you can think of it this way:
When you use MCC for your keyboard controller, then you give a control - knob or whatever - the midi cc, it will send messages out on, when the current loaded map is used.
When you assign in S1, then you tell which parameter in s1 that will recieve messages from the midi cc one of the above control is sending out on.

I also can recommend that you study about midi cc and look at a midi chart. It can be a good idea to use certain midi cc numbers for certain tasks. For S1 linking perhaps use the "free" numbers. But that depend. You'll find out what's best for you, as you learn how things and you work.
Here is a link for a generel midi chart: https://www.midi.org/forms/midi_chart-v2.pdf - The midi chart it self is in the end of the document.

Hope this helps for a start.

Best regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines