March 28, 2024, 02:46:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latest Pigments 3 update slows down GUI (VSTi/VST3i)  (Read 1223 times)

XtheUnknown

Latest Pigments 3 update slows down GUI (VSTi/VST3i)
« on: August 01, 2021, 12:46:00 am »
I recently updated to the latest version of Pigments 3. The standalone version works beautifully. The VSTi/VST3i versions, however, are sluggish and the LFOs and envelopes only update every 2 seconds or so. I am using Reaper v6.32 on Mac Mojave10.14.3 and a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. The VSTi and VST3i both worked fantastic prior to this update.

Any ideas?

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Latest Pigments 3 update slows down GUI (VSTi/VST3i)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 04:54:40 pm »
Hi XtheUnknown !
I've tried to reproduce your issue, but it seems that all works well on my end, 6 instances of Pigments in VST3i, no lag.
Can you tell me what are your computer's specs?
Did you use an intel GPU? it could induce some latency on some older gen macs.
I hope the issue is not too bad for you.
Cheers!
QA Technician

XtheUnknown

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 12:01:48 pm »
All was working flawlessly until I installed the latest version of Pigments 3 (along with a Reaper update and a new install of NI Massive X). All of my other VSTis work fine, with the exception of NI Massive X and Pigments 3. It's possible that the Reaper update or the Massive X install right around the same time may be related to this as well. I tried resetting to the defaults in Arturia center, but it had no impact.

Whenever I load either Pigments 3 or Massive X in Reaper, the entire GUI slows down and even VSTis that work fine now exhibit the same behavior (GUI only updates every 1-2 seconds or so). Interestingly, NI Massive X works fine in Cubase Elements 9, but not in Reaper - even before I try to load Pigments. Pigments does not appear on my list of VSTis in Cubase Elements 9, so I can't say whether it works OK there or not.

My MacBook Pro is a Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM. It's plenty of power as I can load up and run a bunch of other VSTis simultaneously without any issues. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 01:07:26 pm »
Hey XtheUnknown.
Since i don't have the issue on my end.
Could you please reach our support and give them all the infos you can?
Like the version of Reaper prior to update?

Also, are you using an Intel GPU?
It is known to create lags and visual artefacts on some Macs.

Thanks.
QA Technician

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines