March 28, 2024, 12:54:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Auto-Chain Patterns while Recording  (Read 733 times)

Lonzo5

• Apprentice
Auto-Chain Patterns while Recording
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:29:50 pm »
I propose a method of lengthening step recordings by allowing the recording to automatically advance into the next pattern once the current one has elapsed.

It would be armed by holding Chain and pressing Pattern, at which point  both buttons would light up or begin to flash.  A "Track Contains Existing Patterns-- Overwrite?" Warning would display if there were already patterns after the selected one.  I feel like this would need to be a per-track feature in order to avoid confusion.

Once recording is started after Auto-Chain has been armed, the current pattern of the selected track will begin recording as normal.  Once that pattern is full, the next pattern will begin recording with the same settings. 

Once all patterns are full, the sequencer will loop back to the first selected pattern for overdubbing or overwriting.  Once recording has ended, Auto-Chain will disarm, and the normal Chain mode will contain all of the recorded patterns.

This would open the door to a ton of new possibilities.  Instead of 64 step patterns we would now have the ability to continuously record performances up to 1024 steps in length.  Anyway, that's my idea.  I think it could add a whole new dimension to the KSP if implemented properly.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:40:35 pm by Lonzo5 »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Auto-Chain Patterns while Recording
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:32:11 pm »
Very interesting idea.  I am not sure how it would work, but it is neat and could certainly be found useful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines