Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LEDs  (Read 1209 times)

jmgsound@outlook.com

• Apprentice
LEDs
« on: July 22, 2021, 01:21:01 pm »
My LFO LEDs seem a bit odd (the ones that pulse to show the timing). LFO2 is not as bright as LFO1 and LFO3 will not completely fade off (it gets to roughly halfway dimmed and then stays there until it raises back to full brightness)
I wasn't sure if this is only on my unit and could be fixed with the next firmware update. Does anyone else have this?
I'm surprised it is happening as when I watched the video about the developers explaining how they designed and built it, they mentioned that in the factory there was a machine that could quality check each machines LEDs.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: LEDs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:12:20 pm »
Strangely enough, my lfo2 appears normal and goes completely dark, but the lfo3 led behaves exactly as you describe. The lfo leds all seem kind of finicky and unreliable, and I sometimes have to sweep the knob to get them to respond.

jmgsound@outlook.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 07:28:12 pm »
Ah, thanks for your reply. It's good to know (I think 🤔) that it's not just my machine. Maybe this can be fixed in a firmware update. The LFO3 LED has the capability to turn completely off, as it does so when in single shot mode.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 08:38:22 pm »
Ok, I figured it out! When set to bipolar mode, the leds go dark at -1, but when set to unipolar mode, they glow weakly at zero - this is actually very nice behavior as it makes it possible to see what mode the lfo is in without having to check the setting. Whenever the PolyBrute is doing something that seems ridiculously strange, there's usually something obvious (or not so obvious) that I'm overlooking :) I never noticed this behavior before so I'm glad you pointed it out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 08:42:33 pm by modalmixture »

jmgsound@outlook.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 12:49:26 pm »
Ah, yes, well done. I tested here and I get the same results. That clears that up then, thanks.
Still, some of my LEDs are brighter than others, but I guess I can live with that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines