March 29, 2024, 12:13:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: All My USER Presets missing  (Read 3829 times)

summit01

All My USER Presets missing
« on: July 29, 2021, 05:03:01 pm »
Hey guys,
it looks like, after installing the V Collection 8 Upgrade, I lost all my USER patches.
None of the playlists nor my patches are any longer in the folder, APART from the channel strip Patches directly in Logic/ Pro Tools.

Is this possible? Any chance to recover them?

This would be a major issue if I've lost all the presets.

LBH

Re: All My USER Presets missing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 07:56:34 pm »
Hi.

I'm on Windows.

None of the playlists nor my patches are any longer in the folder, APART from the channel strip Patches directly in Logic/ Pro Tools.
Which folder excactly? Have you checked the actual folder directly - meaning not from inside another application?

A normal update/ upgrade should not delete your presets.
you can try to delete the db.db3 folder also located in the preset folder. It will be rebuild, when you open applications. It can be an error in the database that cause the issue.
I suggest you open Analog Lab V standalone afterwards and have it open for some time, while the database rebuild.
This will however only help, if you still have your presets.

Things can go wrong. And even if things should not be your fault and it's about something that should'nt go wrong, then i suggest, that you create backups of your user presets. Better to be safe than sorry. Creating backups of any files you have is a good user practise.

If your presets actually are gone, then perhaps a technician can help you for a price.
You can also try to contact Arturia support through your account.

I don't hope you have lost anything.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:58:19 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines