March 28, 2024, 03:04:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get the sound of Peter gabriel's in your eyes pad/keyboard  (Read 1461 times)

arkada

Hi! I want to know how to get that sound with the arturia lab 4 or V. (the intro sound)
Thanks a lot guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3kFPBtc9BE

LBH

Re: How to get the sound of Peter gabriel's in your eyes pad/keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 07:51:18 pm »
Hi,

You do reallise it's impossible to tell how excactly to make the sound or if it even is possible to recreate it fully, unless the sound is being created first?

I think the original sound is a Yamaha Electric Grand Piano layered with a Prophet 5 pad. Perhaps more.
I guess Roland Dimension-D is used on the Piano. Arturia do make a Dimension-D effect. But Analog Lab has a Chorus effect, you can use.
Perhaps both Delay and Reverb is added to the sound. And then EQ.

You don't have Yamaha Eletric Grand sounds avaible in Arturias products.
I suggest you create a Multi preset in Analog Lab where you layer a Piano and a Pad sound.
Perhaps layer a Japanese Piano and a Prophet Pad sound, and start from there. Perhaps "Japanese Studio" piano sound, and the Prophet "Cool Down Pad" can give a usable result using the above mentioned effects and EQ, - if you have those sounds.
But there can be other sounds to use.

Unless you have the full V-Collection applications, then you only can use the parameters availble in Anaolog Lab to sculpt the final result. That can in this case be enough to create a quite usable result.

Much may be about spending the time it takes.

Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines