March 28, 2024, 10:08:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: More options for randomness  (Read 3779 times)

Disbister

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
More options for randomness
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »
Not sure how you'd implement this in the UI, but I'd love to be able to add randomness to a track that didn't affect whether or not a note was played. For example, a 16th note shaker - I'd love to be able to have each beat be a little different volume level, and maybe even shifted around a bit in time, but not completely disappear.

Anoisyboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: More options for randomness
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 06:38:23 pm »
I great randomness option would be to only play random of off notes on items that are on in the sequencer. Maybe using the accent on for notes that must always play, and none accented but selected notes will only occasionally strike.

ldezem

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »
I'd like to have negative randomness which would remove steps based on the random setting. This would make the random function more like the very nice conditional triggers (elektron).

Rio

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 04:35:03 pm »
I'd like to have negative randomness which would remove steps based on the random setting. This would make the random function more like the very nice conditional triggers (elektron).

yes!

I know it's an older thread, but the neg. probability feature would be really useful. Especially since the programmatic effort for this feature would be quite low. Many other drum machines have this feature, which allows a rhythmic variance rather than the random setting of notes.

Best regards,
rio
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:36:58 pm by Rio »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines