March 29, 2024, 01:45:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequence "chaining"?  (Read 1959 times)

01caca97@opayq.com

• Apprentice
sequence "chaining"?
« on: July 14, 2021, 10:43:00 am »
Hello all

How can I automatically play one sequence after another, thus keeping the timing between the sequences, rather than manually trying to press the button for the next sequence at the correct moment?

I'm a new MB owner and I am learning, albeit it rather gradually.  Arturia product support have confirmed that my goal is not possible  but I know that forum members are often very inventive so I wondered if there's a way round this limitation (perhaps via DAWs and CCs but hopefully a solution within the bounds of the instrument itself).

The ideal goal would be to chain more than one sequence, in arbitrary memory locations and either manually or programmatically, so that the next sequence starts when the current sequence ends.

EB

endreola

Re: sequence "chaining"?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 09:26:18 am »
Congrats on your new synth and welcome to the forum.

When it comes to playing more complex rhythms such as euclidean, chance, ratcheting, chaining, etc., I typically use an external sequencers via MIDI to achieve it, as the built-in SEQ is a bit limited.  Let’s see if there are others who’s been successful achieving it locally without using external devices.

Processaurus

Re: sequence "chaining"?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 09:03:33 am »
Yes, the only way to change sequences is by hand, disappointingly, there’s no “song mode”. I don’t believe you can change patterns with MIDI messages either. I use the sequencer and matrix arpeggiator a lot with short patterns and transpose them with the keys, and the record the keys in the daw or midi sequencer. There are some cool iPad midi sequencers if you have one of those around, even an old one- StepPolyArp, Xequence 2, MidiSteps, Xynthesizr. Playing “chords” into the matrix arpeggiator is fantastic, with the last two apps- you can step through the chords slowly, like 1 measure per step, while having a fast sequence on the MxB.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines