March 29, 2024, 12:28:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filter order  (Read 2593 times)

haloinreverse

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Filter order
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:10:26 pm »
I want to re-create a lot of the CS-80 patches with my Kurzweil Forte7.

Does anyone how the filters are setup? Does the high pass go into the low pass, are they run in parallel, etc? Thanks!

LBH

Re: Filter order
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 08:04:08 pm »
Hi,

The CS80s filters for each synth line work in series. As such combination the two filters give you something like a Bandpass filter. I believe the HPF is before the LPF, but as they work from opposite ends of the spectrum so to speak, then i think it just as well could be the LPF before the HPF.
In the original Yamaha CS80 manual, then the HPF is set before the LPF in the availble diagram.

haloinreverse

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 08:58:36 pm »
“ then i think it just as well could be the LPF before the HPF.”

Then you say in the original manual it is hipass before lowpass.

I’m more confused than before. So hipass before lowpass in serial, or lowpass before hipass? Which one is it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:01:46 pm by haloinreverse »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 01:53:09 am »
Please remember i'm a user. I don't get paid helping out.

I actually make clear - both what i believe about Arturias version as a emulation of the original, and what the original hardware cs80 manual say. And that is the HPF is before the LPF in serie.

But then i just also say, that in some cases the filter order might not matter for you. That might not be clear, but it does'nt change the other clear informations.

haloinreverse

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 02:15:32 am »
Please remember i'm a user. I don't get paid helping out.

I actually make clear - both what i believe about Arturias version as a emulation of the original, and what the original hardware cs80 manual say. And that is the HPF is before the LPF in serie.

But then i just also say, that in some cases the filter order might not matter for you. That might not be clear, but it does'nt change the other clear informations.

Ahh ok that makes a little more sense and is much clearer. Thank you.

Nobody gets paid here. I don’t either, but I would never make it an issue that needs to be called out. Thank you again for the reply and clarification.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines