April 26, 2024, 11:23:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab Replacement Parts  (Read 2240 times)

shaafosourjah

KeyLab Replacement Parts
« on: July 06, 2021, 11:20:02 am »
Hi, I recently started up my Arturia KeyLab Essentials 61 after a while and noticed a few of the keys not working. After a bit of trying everything else, i opened up the machine (managed to fix my LCD display issue in the process as well) and I think I found the root cause for those certain keys not working.

There are sillicone moulds with black contact points that trigger the respective keys/notes. First thing i noticed is that some of the silicone had wasted away into powder form and left a powdery white residue on the circuit board so i cleaned it up with some rubbing alcohol. Then i noticed that the keys that weren't working were the ones where the black contact points were almost/completely worn out. I'm confident i can get all the keys working again if I can find the respective silicone moulds replacements but I cant seem to find a parts replacement option anywhere online.

Does anyone know of how I could get my hands on those silicone moulds with the contacts? Would greatly appreciate any information on this as this is my only controller and i dont have the budget for a new one either :(

TIA from Sri Lanka

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: KeyLab Replacement Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 12:52:40 pm »
Welcome.

I don't think you can buy parts like that separately. I think what you mean is the discs under the overlay have worn away? Have you also tried cleaning the discs as well as the circuitboard? it's very unusual for them to wear away completely.

If all that fails, if you look on ebay you can buy self adhesive repair kits mainly for TV remote controllers, but basically it's the same idea.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines