January 24, 2022, 11:24:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed  (Read 743 times)

jscheel

Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« on: July 04, 2021, 09:31:09 pm »
Getting this message basically every single time I try to use Connect. I've restarted the polybrute, I've removed and re-added my instance of connect... nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Belgarath31

Re: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 01:47:37 pm »
Same issue. It was working well two days ago, now it's the same error with the vst or stand alone version of PBC.

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:19 am »
Are you using windows? I had the same problem after windows updated, so I rolled back and now it works as it should.

esence

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:51:33 am »
same issue here..
There are quite a lot of things pending to be solved and we are still with no update on firmware neither sw...
I'm really upset being this their "flagship" synth

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 09:50:51 am »
I am beginning to wonder if they ever plan to fix the issues with pbc and pb...   :-\

spratch

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 03:31:07 pm »
Same issue here, pbc is very inconsistent for me.
Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes I have to jump through a bunch of hoops of rebooting the Polybrute, or rebooting ableton, or connecting/disconnecting the Polybrute.

Unfortunately, I have the most issues here when trying to use pbc in the use case I originally imagined.
This is my only hardware synthesizer and the tracks I produce include many layers of synths, so I multi-track it all over the place.
For a long time I used software plugins, and appreciated the quick speed of switching active instances and editing parameters.
One thing that drew me to the Polybrute was what seemed to be the ability to switch between active pbc instances and recall all preset info and automation, getting me hardware sound and interface with much of the convenience of software plugins.
But in general pbc, even if it is working for one instance, completely falls apart when switching between active instances.
It either loses connection and tells me fetching metadata failed, or stops tracking MIDI, or reverts to default preset, etc...

Looking forward to a software update...

esence

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 08:25:07 am »
And after PBC v2.. this is happening even more than before.
In fact, I'm unable to complete fetching.. and I cannot find information about how to solve it under osx.

Does any1 know how to fix this?

ArtfulDodger

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »
Still having this problem.  Is there a solution?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines