March 29, 2024, 01:25:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed  (Read 4253 times)

jscheel

Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« on: July 04, 2021, 09:31:09 pm »
Getting this message basically every single time I try to use Connect. I've restarted the polybrute, I've removed and re-added my instance of connect... nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Belgarath31

Re: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 01:47:37 pm »
Same issue. It was working well two days ago, now it's the same error with the vst or stand alone version of PBC.

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:19 am »
Are you using windows? I had the same problem after windows updated, so I rolled back and now it works as it should.

esence

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:51:33 am »
same issue here..
There are quite a lot of things pending to be solved and we are still with no update on firmware neither sw...
I'm really upset being this their "flagship" synth

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 09:50:51 am »
I am beginning to wonder if they ever plan to fix the issues with pbc and pb...   :-\

spratch

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 03:31:07 pm »
Same issue here, pbc is very inconsistent for me.
Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes I have to jump through a bunch of hoops of rebooting the Polybrute, or rebooting ableton, or connecting/disconnecting the Polybrute.

Unfortunately, I have the most issues here when trying to use pbc in the use case I originally imagined.
This is my only hardware synthesizer and the tracks I produce include many layers of synths, so I multi-track it all over the place.
For a long time I used software plugins, and appreciated the quick speed of switching active instances and editing parameters.
One thing that drew me to the Polybrute was what seemed to be the ability to switch between active pbc instances and recall all preset info and automation, getting me hardware sound and interface with much of the convenience of software plugins.
But in general pbc, even if it is working for one instance, completely falls apart when switching between active instances.
It either loses connection and tells me fetching metadata failed, or stops tracking MIDI, or reverts to default preset, etc...

Looking forward to a software update...

esence

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 08:25:07 am »
And after PBC v2.. this is happening even more than before.
In fact, I'm unable to complete fetching.. and I cannot find information about how to solve it under osx.

Does any1 know how to fix this?

ArtfulDodger

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »
Still having this problem.  Is there a solution?

Yohonis

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 07:36:18 pm »
Hi All - I experienced this for the first time today.  Rebooted the PB and still the same problem.  But if I have PolyBrute Control open and I keep my PolyBrute powered on and do a hot unplug-replug of the usb cable, PolyBrute Connect recognizes the PB again and all is working.  I'm guessing others tried this already too, but wanted to post this just in case.
Cheers,
Yohonis

nikitaka

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 12:24:45 pm »
The same issue. Unfortunately, the manual lacks the info about how everything must be connected to work properly while using PBC. Video tutorials don't help as well. I'm stuck. It's fine when just recording via audio, but that's obvious and it doesn't help at all if it's about more complicated tasks with multitrack from Polybrute... A pity, we miss something crucial here!
n.b. it works fine in standalone mode, problems appear in Cubase 10
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 04:21:51 pm by nikitaka »

yanbak

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 09:15:45 am »
Hi,

I was also having all kind of Problems when using Connect as a VST in Bitwig (from "no connection" to Sync losses) , but I found a solution yesterday:

Bitwig hast some Plugin Hosting Options. I can set the Hosting Method to "by plugin", basically putting the plugin in its own Sandbox (at least thats how I understand it). Since doing that everything is working great.
I guess other Daws must have a similar setting

nikitaka

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 01:29:09 pm »
UPD3
It only seemed that it works. Actually not, and maybe the method with cable lengths is just the same as switching on-off, previously described. It worked a little and then again - can't fetch and with this restricted functionality we can't go any further. Ok, I'll wait for support.

UPD2
I've tried another USB cable without USB hub. It works. Just as expected, at least in an empty project with one midi track and one instance of PBC. I'll try now to make things harder by adding additional PBC instances.

UPD
While I'm waiting for the support answer I've made some exploring and discovered that PBC can transmit notes and mod+pitch wheels correctly (Cubase 10). GUI works fine but for notes and the wheels only. None of the controllers is transmitted. But in FL Studio I see just the opposite - everything works smoothly and all the controllers are fine, but no notes lol. Cubase 11 or Nuendo 11 do the same as Cubase 10, no difference here. And no one Steinberg DAW can "fetch the data". Which I think means that PB is connected to a DAW in some restricted way without full functionality. Maybe I miss something important in settings, some tweaks in MIDI-mapping. I don't know. But it's supposed to be easy, isn't it?
I have to mention that my PB is connected to the PC with the cable longer than suggested. Via USB hub. I don't have the other possibility since my PC is in another room. But still, PBC works fine in standalone mode so that mustn't be the reason. But if someone experienced the same issue with a long cable and then the issue disappeared with the shorter one - please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 02:16:56 pm by nikitaka »

LucaF-73

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 01:22:18 am »
I know it's a old topic but I thought I wanted to give my minor contribution to this troubleshooting:
I had the same issue (i.e. PBC connecting every now and then, in a random fashion) and I've just found out that it might be related to the USB hub I'm using. I have a powered hub with 5 instruments in, and when plugged there the PBC randomly connects and disconnects, while if I plug the PB into a "clean" hub then it works fine 100% of the time. To clarify, both hubs are powered and made with good quality. Every other instruments plugged there works fine.
I'm no computer expert but maybe somebody with more experience can figure out what's the root cause of this.
Luca

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 01:28:49 pm »
It might not be a direct solution, but for longer USB cables I recommend active repeater cables, preferably dropping the hub to ensure reliability. E.g. something like this. I'm using one with great success, even with an unpowered hub with short cables at the end of it, for my MatrixBrute and Sub 37. I use a 3m passive cable connected directly to the DAW for the PB, but I'll get another  longer active repeater cable for that too for convenience.

pierresilence

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 10:49:00 am »
I solved the problem with 1 meter usb B to usb C cable. For now I don’t have problem with fetching data and stuck notes to. I used before 2 meter cable usb A - B, when I tried cable 1,5 meter A-B connection was better and then I bought cable B-C now it is perfect. Polybrute working 99% perfectly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines