April 19, 2024, 07:52:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Did I take a time machine back to the 90s? Spark has no midi channel?!?  (Read 1643 times)

Winslow T. Schiller

• Apprentice
Tonight I'm playing with my brand new Beatstep Pro. On the software side, I have Arturia's SEM on Sequence 1, and Spark on Drum, both stand alone. No DAW. My Sequence 1 sequence plays the SEM module, but it also plays on Spark, and I obviously don't want it to do that. I've set Sequence 1 for midi channel 1, and Drum for 10. However, after a bit of research, it appears that Spark is permanently in Omni mode, and subsequently responds to everything that the BSP spits out. WTAF.

Is this correct? I (obviously) know I can route this through my DAW but I don't want to do that right now.

This reminds of the 90s when you had to buy a little box with toggle switches on it to filter out everything but a specific channel because you were dealing an archaic device that was omni and nothing but omni. Please tell me that Arturia didn't do this... - Blake

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Sadly, there is no way to change the MIDI channel of the standalone software, nor is there a way to change the MIDI channel of the hardware.
This has also frustrated me on numerous occasions. (That and being not able to change the knob mode between relative and absolute)
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines