March 29, 2024, 12:14:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cv doesn’t work at all really  (Read 3828 times)

collincrowe

• Apprentice
Cv doesn’t work at all really
« on: June 29, 2021, 06:24:38 pm »
It’s insanely inconsistent since 2.0 and I cannot reliably use keystep pro with my modular gear. I was excited for the new firmware when I tested it with midi and usb, but finally got around to messing with eurorack and it’s really really inconsistent. Seems like on the cv outs it will only. trigger notes when another key is held, like notes only change “in legato” if that makes sense. In mono mode, no chord mode or anything like that. This is not intentional and completely insane
is this going to be a forever buggy & cursed piece of gear?

collincrowe

• Apprentice
Re: Cv doesn’t work at all really
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:30:06 pm »
Ok weird, quick update. When track 4 is selected, cv jack out on “voice 1”works somehow
But this has no relation to the sequencer
Can arturia pls fix this asap or just buy my keystep pro back from me or something? What a horrible joke

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:27:20 am »
It has been stated, that CV work is being redone, for an upcoming update.

dtristram

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 08:45:01 am »
It has been stated, that CV work is being redone, for an upcoming update.
Reference please, where has this been stated?

AndreasSteiner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 05:52:46 pm »
Works absolutely reliable with my system. What I have noticed: Keystep Pro does not like all cables equally. I have interference problems with patch cable from one source that I am using.

razzkazz

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 11:57:47 am »
I noticed that after the update I had to reassign the CV routing for each Track to get CV to send. Before it just worked as expected, so was probably already assigned correctly.

VatOS

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 02:07:35 pm »
Just got mine today and so far am unable to use CV outs to control more than one voice simultaneously. Have four matched oscillators in Eurorack and that is why I decided on this keyboard, now struggling to get two to work. Loopop did a video on controlling the Subharmonicon with a keyboard split using the KeyStep Pro, and am trying to do the same. In this patch, you can see that Voice 1 is outputting pitch and gate to the first oscillator. OK, that works. But when you have Voice 2 outputting pitch to the second oscillator, it doesn't respond properly. I can only get Voice 2 to output pitch properly when I also output a gate from Voice 2, but there is only one envelope to be shared. Same issue on my Eurorack as the Subharmonicon. Is there a downgrade that works? I started with 1.37, that had this issue, 2.01 didn't solve it.

boochyan

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 09:07:29 pm »
Ok weird, quick update. When track 4 is selected, cv jack out on “voice 1”works somehow
But this has no relation to the sequencer
Can arturia pls fix this asap or just buy my keystep pro back from me or something? What a horrible joke

Just jumping on this ancient thread to say I'm on 2.0.1.989 and having the same thing as you...,when I play keyboard with Track 2 selected I get no Gate/Pitch coming out. But when I select Track 4 and play, I get Gate/Pitch coming out of Track 2's outputs. I submitted this to Tech Support today. Did you ever get this to work?

jkspost

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 01:27:08 pm »
This is how mine behaves (Latest firmware)
Just tested with a Behringer K-2 (MS-20 clone) with 1 cable and 1 cv output at a time.

With all 4 voices configured to same CV settings:
Pitch = Hz/v
Mod = Wheel
Gate = S-trig

Voice 1-3 does not work. Nothing other than the changing base note does something strange to pitch and like the above can somehow be triggered from other voice.
Only Voice 4 works.  :'(

Edit: Well... Why the hell did I not do a Factory reset before...
All voices CV seems fine now :D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 05:03:10 pm by jkspost »

pabl_OPL

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 01:57:39 am »
So i've been having a similar issue. None of the cv outputs has been working correctly. Im using them with a moog's DFAM and Sub-H, and it works in a strange way. When i press some key, sometimes it triggers and sometimes it doesn't. There is no pattern to this problem, the key can work one moment and then fail, many keys can fail and sometimes all of them work correctly. Its the same in all the voices. Any idea?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines