April 27, 2024, 04:50:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP Track Recording - live  (Read 1255 times)

Ar1

• Apprentice
ARP Track Recording - live
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:14:51 am »
When I play jam on the basic track SEQ, and I have enabled REC, then Keystep Pro simultaneously records and plays my recorder track.
When I switch to ARP, then KSP records, but does not play what is recorded. Only after turning off the ARP, you can hear the recorded track.

I think it's an inconsistency in the way you record and ARP doesn't give you the ability to create a live ARP track that you can listen to and modify live at the same time.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, please provide the above functionality. Maybe hold SEQ+ARP together will activate this option?

Andrew Henderson

Re: ARP Track Recording - live
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:06:04 am »
If you want to play back a recorded "sequence", you have to be in "sequencer" playback mode.

Being in arp mode, allows you to do just that, play Arps, but if you want to record setups and then play back that recording, you must switch back to the sequence mode because the sequence is what you're playing the art is just continuously running,as is.

Ar1

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:36:53 am »
Ok, but what if I would to play arp hear recorded sequence and or overwrite/overdub? Just the same like in SEQ mode, but just with arp.

I just would to start playing with arp and when sequence will be recorded it will just play, without unnecessary pressing any buttons. And if I would to overwrite any part I just would to do that without stoping playing recorded sequence (it will stop when i press ARP).

It's simple to do from user's view - for example press SEQ + ARP and it will be in SEQ mode, but play and record ARP in live.

I imagine how powerful this option would be if it could be added to an already recorded track SEQ (the one with recorded ARP) with another layer e.g. chord or second ARP. After all, there may be multiple sounds at once in SEQ. Unfortunately, switching between recording and playing back what was recorded with ARP prevents all these amazing possibilities and it's just uncomfortable and useless.

BigFknRobots

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 10:26:30 am »
I hear you

being able to record arps ^at all^ is an amazing step forward!

But the experience as you describe could be smoother.
I suspect this is why they left out arp recording at all originally

I like your idea of hitting the arp and sequencer buttons together to get a blend of the 2 modes...

hicham32

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:56:05 am »
Seq + Arp to get both modes would really be a very nice option to add to the next update Arturia. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines