April 16, 2024, 10:31:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transposition Questions  (Read 1280 times)

hawkinsnikwah

• Apprentice
Transposition Questions
« on: June 21, 2021, 05:56:18 pm »
Is there a way to permanently leave the KSP in Transpose mode or do you have to press the "transpose" button and then a key every time?

Also, is there a way to transpose a sequence via midi?

My KS, BSP, & Microbrute allow you to transpose without holding a button down and via midi. Would be nice to see that here.

Andrew Henderson

Re: Transposition Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 08:04:28 pm »
Currently, the transpose button must be held, for each transpose to take place.  This is already documented as highly inefficient and is being looked at for a future update, to be remedied.

Currently, the KSP cannot be transposed via Midi.  I know the BSP can and I would like the KSP, to behave the same.  I have already brought this to the attention of the developers and it is noted on the backlog, hopefully, for a future implementation.

If you feel strongly about wanting this, I suggest you contact support as well and let them know.  The more interest that is shown on a particular subject, the greater the chances are, of it being implemented.

hawkinsnikwah

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:16:02 pm »
Currently, the transpose button must be held, for each transpose to take place.  This is already documented as highly inefficient and is being looked at for a future update, to be remedied.

Currently, the KSP cannot be transposed via Midi.  I know the BSP can and I would like the KSP, to behave the same.  I have already brought this to the attention of the developers and it is noted on the backlog, hopefully, for a future implementation.

If you feel strongly about wanting this, I suggest you contact support as well and let them know.  The more interest that is shown on a particular subject, the greater the chances are, of it being implemented.

Thanks for the response and I'll definitely make a formal submission for these features. I might just install a switch for the time being.

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 08:35:44 pm »
I should contact the contractor for my car to complain that I always have to keep the driver's door locked while driving.
Which software developer does not already notice this nonsense in firmware version 1.xx .

Ar1

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 11:03:58 am »
If there is anyone a fan of Arturia, it has a lot of their devices. I have a few. This is a common environment that should give a certain standard, the user should know what to expect and new devices should only extend functionality, or complement what was not before. For me transpose in BSP is crucial and I use this very often. What was my surprise when it turned out that the newer, better, more expensive model so much degraded this feature... 
Using KSP and BSP it is not possible to change the transpose at the same time, and since I can not change at the same time it is completely unusable. And these are devices from the same family, and sometimes they behave like enemies.

hawkinsnikwah

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 10:59:12 pm »
If there is anyone a fan of Arturia, it has a lot of their devices. I have a few. This is a common environment that should give a certain standard, the user should know what to expect and new devices should only extend functionality, or complement what was not before. For me transpose in BSP is crucial and I use this very often. What was my surprise when it turned out that the newer, better, more expensive model so much degraded this feature... 
Using KSP and BSP it is not possible to change the transpose at the same time, and since I can not change at the same time it is completely unusable. And these are devices from the same family, and sometimes they behave like enemies.

I 100% went down the same path as you. It's a bummer because I had an idea of how this would work in my head based on their other sequencing gear, but this one change really adds a hiccup. I'm going to install a littler switch to short the transpose button, but that still doesnt fix the midi situation

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines