April 23, 2024, 11:47:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SOLVED: Slow startup - is there some fix?  (Read 2526 times)

AndersOstberg

SOLVED: Slow startup - is there some fix?
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:35:22 pm »
SOLVED:
Thanks for your comment LBH! So ... my bad ... apparently I have at some time, long forgotten, moved my Program Data folder off of the SSD and onto the RAID disks, which are obviously much slower. I copied all Arturia related files back to the SSD and there was a drastic increase in speed. Still not perfect, but as the PC came with a so-so SSD chip I'll go shopping for a faster one today which will likely improve things even more. Duh, I feel a bit stupid now.  :)

Original post:
Pigments 3 takes more than 30s to start - both as plugin and standalone - and Analog Lab V takes even longer. I have a Windows 10 computer, i5-10400 CPU, 48GB RAM, RTX 3070 Video and decent disks. My DAW is Studio One 5 Pro. The loading times decrease a little if I move everything to SSD, but it's still painfully slow. Everything else loads and runs fine, so I have to think it's something specific to the Arturia plugins, or Arturia plugins in Studio One. Are there some known settings or optimizations I can do to speed things up?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:26:52 pm by AndersOstberg »

LBH

Re: Slow startup - is there some fix?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 04:04:31 pm »
Hi,

To me Arturias applications have'nt got the fastest loadtimes. But you should be able to load them much faster.

What's the speed of decent disks and which connection type do they use?
Are the SSD you mention internal or external, and which connection type does it use.
Keep in mind, that a disk can't be faster than the connection it use can provide.

There is'nt any settings in the applications. But perhaps in your computer system, if you have'nt optimized the performance.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines