April 19, 2024, 10:36:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab V (One instance with Mutiple Sounds On Separate MIDI Channels)  (Read 2184 times)

w7ptt

Hello,

Is it possible with Analog Lab V (or Analog Lab IV) to have one instance with multiple sounds with each sound on a separate MIDI channel?  I will be using Cubase 11 Pro.
I will also want to separately control the volume of each sound/patch in my DAW.

I have looked all over and found no info on this

Bill

LBH

Hi,

You don't find officiel informations telling what Analog Lab can't do.

In availble officiel informations you can see, that Analog Lab can handle up to two parts that have a single preset loaded each.
You can't load 16 presets each on their own midi channel, if that's what you wan't to do.

As you use a DAW, then you can just load the instances you need on seperate tracks, and then route seperate midi channels there, if you need to. That might also be better for the workload on the CPU.

jmcgill.public@gmail.com

Re: Analog Lab V (One instance with Mutiple Sounds On Separate MIDI Channels)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 05:59:07 am »
As you use a DAW, then you can just load the instances you need on seperate tracks, and then route seperate midi channels there

This is only partly true. You can play notes and send some control messasges to multiple instances on multiple MIDI channels and/or DAW channels, but you cannot control multiple instances of Analog Lab V parameters, because the Analog Lab V controls are sent only on MIDI channel 1.

This is severely limiting. It may have been designed this way, but I definitely see it as a serious bug and I think it should be addressed as one.

I realize this message thread is fairly old, but Arturia hasn't responded in a way that makes me believe they understand the issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines